Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech bows

Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 AM

Default RE: Bowtech bows

I heard the same thing from one pro-shop that sold Alpine. The man said he shot a Patriot at the AMO show and he hated it. He said, and I quote " The Patriot has so much handshock, that if you don' t have a wrist sling, it will literally fly out of your hand" . Well, the next shop on my list was a......BowTech dealer. I told the guy there about that and he laughed. He said that he didn' t have any 2003 Patriots in, but, he called there " head tech guy" and, the guy brought his Patriot in for me to shoot. I can honestly tell you, that bow was the quietest and most shock-free bow that I have ever felt....PERIOD... He fixed the balance problem by putting a doinker stabilizer on the backside of the riser. It literally sat in the your the whole way through the shooting process. As soon as I shot it, my first word out of my mouth was DA$N!!!! My friend how was watching me shoot just said " Crap" . I mean, the bow was amazing. I just don' t care for the long riser bows. Thats why I went with my MightyMite. It is perfect for what I need it for, hunting.

Now, back to the Alpine dealer, these guys wouldn' t even let me shoot one of there bows, even after they said it was more shock free without anything than a fully " decked out" Patriot.

I don' t know about everyone else, but, where I come from, if you have comments like that, you should be able to back them up, and the Alpine dealer never did, they seemed scared too. The BowTech dealer on the other hand, they didn' t talk the trash, and they allowed me to judge for myself. After I shot the MightyMite, about three dozen shots at the shop, I said " This is the bow for me" to the head tech guy. He told me " Don' t get in such a rush, go check out other bows, and see what you think, if this is the best one, come back, if not, buy another one somewhere else." Well, the MightyMite was the best, so, now I just have to finish paying it off and it is mine.