Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech bows

Old 02-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech bows

This is coming from a Hoyt fanatic, so I may be a tad bit biased....I have shot both a BKII with the 6.5" brace, and a Patriot twin cam.

I must admit...I was shocked! Bows ain`t supposed to be that fast!

Seriously, I did not think that the handshock was bad on either model.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:18 AM

I agree that many dealers can be very one sided. Not the mathews dealer in my area. I went to his shop for the first time a few weeks ago after deciding that I wanted a legacy. I shot the legacy and I was absolutely amazed. When I asked him about other companys he said nothing bad about them but only that I should try them before I order if I have any doubt. He was sure the others would not compare. The next week I headed back to three different dealers and shot the hoyts the bowtecs and the mathews within a few hours so I would remember how each felt. I tried the legacy again last. I shot once sat it down and ordered. Absolutely no camparison for quietness and smoothness. The bowtec patriot was not even close. However I don' t care much about speed. This just proves it is best to shoot them all first. But, please don' t leave out mathews I think it is well worth the extra few $$' s. And a big hats off to dealers like the one in my area.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:52 AM

I' m confused??Don...don' t you have a mighty mite?? Or are you talking about the 2003 models?? Maybe I' m drunk but I thought you had a Bowtech. If you don' t...go directly to the shop and buy one.No .2.Buy two. One for hunting and one for ....more hunting!LOL
Old 02-18-2003, 07:41 PM

trueshot- checkout the date in which he posted the ? I thought the same thing LOL........fishon
Old 02-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kelly.
You gonna have to give up the bottle mate[8D]
Old 02-19-2003, 12:19 AM

Yes, I' ll take a clue for 1000 please Alex. OkOk I AM drunk!LOL
Old 02-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Trushot,
I must be drunk too!
I thought Don had bought a Mighty-Mite
Old 02-19-2003, 06:42 AM

You should definitely shoot the bow. When I tried the Bowtechs, there was a lot of vibration after the shot, in my opinion. I' m sure you can tame this down with leeches and vibration dampening stuff, but in my experience, it starts out higher than some of the other bows I' ve shot. You don' t want to make a $700 purchase and then wish you had bought another, so definitely shoot one along with others you may be considering and then decide for yourself. I also don' t get excited about speed, and I base my decision on other qualities of the bow.

I do not own a Mathews, but I did prefer the legacy when I tried it.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Bowtech bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.