Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NOW I rembember why a solo cam!

Old 11-22-2002, 05:17 PM

Default NOW I rembember why a solo cam!

I took my sons Parker junior mag in for a cable and string change today(at 11,he's a little rough on equipement). The junior mag is a two cam bow. The guy that put the new cables and string on realized about half way thru that he was working on a two cam bow and a weird look came over his face.After putting it together and handing it to me, I knew it was going to be out of time and I wasn't disapointed.He started trying to time it and after 6 times in the bow press he kind of gave up. I told him it would be OK,and after shooting the string in, I could take it my my brother-in-laws and reset it.I remember now why I bought a one cam bow. They are a bear to time and you can never be sure they are just right or almost right. Don

Old 11-23-2002, 02:30 PM

Default RE: NOW I rembember why a solo cam!

It's easy if you know what to do, just work with one cable. Put twists in then check the draw, if it is worse then take out the number of twists you put in then 1 or 2 more. Recheck the draw and look for the feel like it draws like a one cam, no bumps near full draw. Twisis in or out on one cable, easy.