Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Reflex Bow_ WHat ARROWS??????

Old 12-07-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Reflex Bow_ WHat ARROWS??????

Hey guys my bow is coming in soon and im looking to get new arrows for it.I wanna know what shaft, broadhead, andnock to get. I plan on puttin shrinkfletch blazer vanes on for fletching. So heres the details on my bow setup. Its a 27 inch draw, 60 pound weight,will have either whisker biscuit drop tine or muzzy zero effect rest, and is a Hoyt reflex excursion.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Reflex Bow_ WHat ARROWS??????

Something in a 40 spine....shoot, you may even get away w/ a 500, if they are short enough.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

I'm partial to Carbon Express Terminator Hunters myself. Instead of shrink fletch blazers get yourself a Bohning jig, some wraps and some 2" blazers and fletch your own. IMHO this would be less expensive in the long run, those shrink fletch things can be costly. Besides you can get some cool color combos doing your own and it's fun.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got pretty much the same specs and as mobow says you could probably shoot something with a 500 spine. If you want ultimate speed then a Gold Tip Ultralite might work. If for basically hunting I'd pick something a little heavier like the XT 5575 or it's equivalent.

The 500 spine is getting close to the upper spine limit, depending on what weight tip and fletching you use. I don't use inserts and screw in point for my 3D arrows and this makes a difference. I use 80 grain target tips. So if you use inserts (15 gr) and 100 grain screw in tips then a 400 spine would be a little on the stiff side, but would work very well.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Somthing with a 40 spine, I shoot axis arrows love them and they are tough as nails! Don't waist your time with the shrink wrap fletching....it's the easy way out and I've heard alot of bad things about them. Not sticking when cold and condensation in winter. Or when get wet...just not durable.

Get a used jig off ebay and fletch your own blazers.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Reflex set at 60lbs and a 30" draw. I shoot Blackhawk Vapor 4000 Pro arrows (29"). This combination works well for me with 100 gr broadheads. You might want to go a little heavier if you are shooting 125 gr broadheads, if I understand the charts correctly.