Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best rests for bowtech bows

Old 12-04-2006, 09:07 PM

Default best rests for bowtech bows

whats the best,troublefree, easy to tune rest for bowtech bows,with no loss of speed
Old 12-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: best rests for bowtech bows

I'd have to think Muzzy's Zero Effect would rank waaaaay up there...

Here's the review I did of it after installing it on my Tribute this summer:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790&mpage=1&key=pass%2csalt& amp;#1687790
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I'd have to think Muzzy's Zero Effect would rank waaaaay up there...

Here's the review I did of it after installing it on my Tribute this summer:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1687790&mpage=1&key=pass%2csalt#1687790
I agree with Greg on this one. I think a Muzzy ZE is good for any bow. I am excited to try out the Spot-Hogg Whammy when their second production run is completed and they hit the stores in January
Old 12-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unusually, I am from the "old school" when it comes to rests. I never found a drop away or total containment rest that I really liked to use on my own bows. I still use the Golden Key Futura Infiniti or Golden Premier models. Easy to setup, easy to adjust, no linkages and no fletching contact. With the new shelf trough on the 2007 model Bowtechs and Diamonds and the preset nockset it is really easy to get a good starting point for the tuning process.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also have a Muzzy Zero Effect on my 04 dually and now 03 Dually and find it to be the very best I've used so far ,so i agree with Greg and Gut on the choice .

Muzzy Zero Effect

nubo
Old 12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still of the mindset for hunting rests, simpler is better. A Biscuit or NAP Quicktune 360 properly setup will work underANY hunting situation and be more reliable than any dropaway. I know most on here don't agree with me on this but I have seen and used these types of rests extensively and don't see any difference in accuracy at hunting distances.So many people get caught up in the theory of rests providing certain advantages but honestly over the last 30 years rests have evolved so much and you don't see higher scores in competition because of it. It's honestly the most overrated piece of equipment on the bow in my opinion. Shoot good shots and the arrow will find its mark provided the rest doesn't malfunction.

If your missing your intended markat hunting distances the problem isn't the rest.................

For target specific purposes I think any quality spring steel type rest are great options with the Britesite Pro-Tuner and Trophy Taker Spring Steel 1 and 2 holebeing at the top of the list for quality.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I am hunting with a Muzzy New Generation rest on my '05 Patriot and it wasn't a breeze to set up, but now I am totally satisfied. I had a heck of a time getting vane clearance. Easiest to set up I ever had on any bow was the Schaffer. I sold it after buying the Muzzy and plan on getting another Schaffer to put on another bow.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vaportrails Limbdriver
Old 12-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

In a hunting scenario i think the biscuit is VERY hard to beat--i know it'll work in the woods just like it does in the backyard.jmo.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I AM WITH GREG...THE mzo IS GREAT ALSO i USE THE REST FROM ALPINE ARCHERY SORTA TROPHY TAKER LIKE BUT MUCH BETTER PRICE.

Quick Reply: best rests for bowtech bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.