Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Replacing a bow string

Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Spike

Default Replacing a bow string

I have a Matthew's Z-MAX bow that I bought new out of the box a few years back. I absolutely love this bow, and want to change the bow string , as it's long over due. It's stamped right on one of the risers that the string lenght is 93 1/8 inches long. It looks like a Zebra stringthat came on the bow.Is it just a matter of purchasing a new Zebra string, of the correct lenght, and installing it???? I know this may sound stupid, but I want to make sure to get the right string :-))) I replaced the cables a couple of years ago!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Replacing a bow string

Gibblet on the huntingnet forums here can do you up right and tell you what you need to do. People like his strings much better than anything Zebra can do. Do a user search for him and get in contact with him...
Old 11-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT replace it with a Zebra string!! []

I shot Mathews for six years, and never knew what I was missing until I STOPPED shooting Zebra... things like no stretch,no creep andno peep rotation. I didn't know they were possible!

Contact Gibblet on here, or go to www.vaportrailsarchery.com (a good place to go to in order to look at color selection regardless of who you buy your string from; they've got the best color-combo chart I've seen yet), or winner's choice -- ANYTHING but a Zebra!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

What else can I add. Zebra is garbage. Gibblet is the cream of the crop for the buck.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto on what Greg and BG said.

All my bows get Gibbised before I set them up.

Even if the bow comes with the best factory strings available I get Gibby to spin me some magic.

Speaking of which John where the heck are my new sting and floating yoke cable I only sent you a PM on Monday so they should have been here today
Old 11-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

What everyone else has said is right on. Just get ahold of Gibblet and tell him the length of string you need and he will get you fixed up. Now when you get the string and get it put on you may have to adjust your cable to get your bow timed right since more than likely you cable has stretched since you put it on. Actually if it was mine I would have Gibblet make the cable also and put it on the same time you put the string on . Then you will definitely be ready to go with a high quality string that will serve you well for a very long time.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not only are Gibblets strings very high quality so is the customer service. Although I have never met him I always feel like he is a friend and I am getting the buddy deal.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 AM

you guys are pretty darn nice. (how much do i owe you?)
Old 11-30-2006, 06:03 AM

15 and change.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:31 AM

same as last time, ok.

Quick Reply: Replacing a bow string

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.