Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Bow

Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Bow

Well, I was planning on getting a new bow during the off season, but I found a deal yesterday I couldn't pass up. I stopped at a local sporting goods store to look at some stuff and decided to see what they had for bows. To my surprise the had 1 hoyt trykon left and wanted to sell it before their 07's came in. I got it for $499.

Now the fun begins. The setup is where I need advice.It is a 28" draw, 60-70#. I would like advice on sights, rests, stabilizer, and arrows. I would like to set the weight at about 65#. My preference is a one pin sight. I am not sure if I want a drop away or WB. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming that as popular as this bow is there will be a few users here with some good advice.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 AM

Default RE: New Bow

That is a great deal you got there. Excellent price.

Mine is exactly as yours. Same draw length to boot. You have many choices available as far as add ons. I use a Fuse stabilizer. I feel it balances the bow pretty nicely. As far as the other stuff goes, there are tons of choices. Same thing goes with the stabilizer. I really like my QAD drop away. It fully captures the arrow just like a bisquit so the arrow can't fall off. This is the first bow I've ever had where I used a drop away and I'm very impressed. I'll never go back to anything else.

You should look into adding an STS. Lot's of guys will tell you that just adding cats whiskers will eliminate the string buzz on your Trykon but that wasn't the case on my rig. Try the whiskers first and if you arent satisfied, give the STS a try. You'll like it.

As far as arrows, once again there are many excellent choices. I use Beman ICS 340's with 100 grain heads. My finished arrows weigh 420 grains and at 67 pounds the bow shoots right at 258 FPS.

Hope this helps...
Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. I am kind of leaning toward a drop away rest. What kind of sight do you use?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

You'll find lots of Hoyt users love the Fuse line of sights as well as the rest of their accessories.