Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got the new Darton!!

Old 11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got the new Darton!!

nodog the website doesn't even have the new bows yet. The Maurader is a good bow. The as200 is what is taking its place. The rebel would be a great bow for your daughter. My wife shoots one, and it is smooth and forgiving.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the pics willyd5 , Im still shoot'n my mavrick , darton makes a great bow , they were talking about nock travel way ahead of everyone , and I beliveve they own the paten on the binary cams bowtech has on their curent bows , so bowtech is useing dartons cams and not the other way around . Could you post some spec's like axil length brace height and speed . I had heard that darton was haveing some limb failure problems with this bow , from my dealer , he allso said it was shooting 348 fps . A rumor was that one side of the limb tip was thicker than the other to compesate for cam lean that all compounds are suceptable to , and is exaurateted by not haveing a spit cable to even it out with the binary cams .
Old 11-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the info Willy. I might be looking you up in the future.

I think if you look at the web site you'll find the info Jimmy.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

nodog , darton does not have any info on their new bows on their website as of yet , atleast that I can find , havent seen an ad in the mags yet either . Just my dealer giveing me some secondhand info , but it comes from his factory rep .
Old 11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

jimmy here is what i was told by my rep. This info was over a quick phone call as we were both getting ready to go hunt, so i just wrote down what i could. Here we go. AS400= 34" axle to axle, 320 ibo,7" Brace H. I currently shoot this bow, and it is a great shooter. The AS100= 27 3/4 axle to axle, 312-315 IBO up to 29" draw, very smooth. AS200 is suppose to be just like the Murader, but a little faster and a little smoother. AS300 31 axle to axle, speed ??, Brace H. ??? The Pro Seriesare suppose to all have pivoting limb pockets?? PS200= 320 ibo, 7 1/4 brace h. PS300= 332 ibo, 6 3/4 BH with a deflexed riser. PS400 and 500 are going to be between 37 and 39 axle to axle and shot between 315 and 320 ibo. and have relexed risers. I am sorry that i don't have more info, and this is all just what I was told, so stuff could change. I do know that the PS bows are suppose to be more hightech than the AS. If they hold up to the hear say they should be awesome.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

Yes yes...I am sure alot of people are looking at those cams and thinking...."Gee, those look familiar."
From what I understand, there is still a slight problem with this bow and cam lean. Dartons solution, to be released in January, is to slave the two cams together, so that no matter what they cannot lean and are timed properly.
I am no archery expert, but this is what my proshop owner told me.
Dartons are excellent bows, but this year me thinks I am going to be shooting a Hoyt.
Especially since it should be in tomorrow
Hey Campo, did you ever go to Spring Valley sporteman in Delhi? I think I've asked you before, but dont remember. He is a big time Hoyt dealer, w/ a 3d indoor range and a techno hunt. Its a pretty cool shop.