Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got the new Darton!!

Old 11-26-2006, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Got the new Darton!!

Price is going to be 625 to 650 for the AS series and 650 to 700 for the Pro series.
little disapointed about the price ! hopeing it would be cheaper then the big boys to get them in peoples hands .
Old 11-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PA.JAY

Price is going to be 625 to 650 for the AS series and 650 to 700 for the Pro series.
little disapointed about the price ! hopeing it would be cheaper then the big boys to get them in peoples hands .
Yep, I am thinking Hoyt's old man, Darton for my next bow but if they become what the others are I won't be showing them anymore loyalty either, unlesstheir customer service is better. I believe it is. I've dealt with too many a$$&@!#* who represent Hoyt.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Cam lean? never heard that before. I'm a dealer, and been shooting mine for 2 weeks. I don't get "The Darton solution to be released in January" , but you already know what there solution is?? I think you get to typing to fast Campo.The way I look at it if you buythe topend bow from any of the manufactures. You will have a good bow.We could sit here all day and battle back and forth about this bow is this , or this one is better than that one. We could talk about a guy who i shoot league with and how his Hoyt trykon blew up twice. Took two weeks to get it replaced the second time. Does this make Hoyt a bad bow?? In my eyes it doesn't. They all have troubles from time to time. Everyone should shoot what there pocket book allows, and what they like. If everyone did this instead of worrying about what their buddy shoots, or who will go WOW when they wip out that new bow. Oh yea and I hope the cams are exactly like aBowtech. Because Bowtechs are awesome. Anyway just wanted you guys to have some pics to see.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: willyd5
Oh yea and I hope the cams are exactly like aBowtech. Because Bowtechs are awesome.
Just like when Hoyt came out with the Cam and a half and revolutionized the archery industry except for the fact that Darton had beat them to the punch on that byyears.

Seriously, it's a copycat world. When the bar get's raised, others jump on board and so on and so forth until the next big thing gets introduced. I like that these companies push each other forward.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Well said Jimimac!!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

As I understand it, from one of Darton's staff shooters, Darton's fix for the cam lean issue is that the limbs are not rectangular in cross section, but the cable side of the limb is thicker, preventing the limb from twisting to the cable side, which is under more load at full draw. The cams are already slaved together. The cams certainly do look like '06 Bowtechs. Darton hasn't really gone too far out on a limb since the original CPS. This bow looks like it should be a good one. I wish they had gone to an improved limb pocket if they intend (and it looks like they do) to charge close to the same $ as Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt. Not saying the bow is not going to be a great shooter, it probably is. I don't think it will be a great SELLER though, given the exact same riser and limb pockets as the Tempest. Having owned a Tundra for 2 years, I know these bows can be quieted down and shoot incredibly well, but it takes more work to quiet them down, and they still have a bit more "bump" at the shot compared to similar bows. New limb pockets would have helped that. Question is, what would make a potential customer come into the shop and buy that bow instead of a BT, Hoyt, or Mathews? Hope the pro series have a few more refinements. The AS 400 would do quite well if priced to compete against the $499 bows that are out there, but even a lot of those have pivoting limb pockets instead of sound chambers. Even a change to pockets like Martins have would be a positive change. I had a Scepter 3 with mag limbs and Nitrous X cams. It did recoil given the light weight and non-parallel limbs, but that thing was incredibly quiet. Same steel limb rockers, much less noise. Not sure why, but someone at Darton should be smart enough to figure it out.

Oh yeah, did anyone see the pics of the new "hybrid" Alpine? Looks like asymmetrical binary cams. They also have a yoke system where the cable hooks up to BOTH sides of the cam (the cam appears to have 4 tracks). This would be their way to eliminate limb twist, I suppose. Interesting that Elite, now Alpine, and I've heard, High Country are going to produce Binary cam system bows, without getting permission from Darton, or paying royalties. Could get interesting.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Yes the ps or (pro series) is suppose to have pivoting limb pockets.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

As I understand it, from one of Darton's staff shooters, Darton's fix for the cam lean issue is that the limbs are not rectangular in cross section, but the cable side of the limb is thicker, preventing the limb from twisting to the cable side, which is under more load at full draw. The cams are already slaved together. The cams certainly do look like '06 Bowtechs. Darton hasn't really gone too far out on a limb since the original CPS. This bow looks like it should be a good one. I wish they had gone to an improved limb pocket if they intend (and it looks like they do) to charge close to the same $ as Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt. Not saying the bow is not going to be a great shooter, it probably is. I don't think it will be a great SELLER though, given the exact same riser and limb pockets as the Tempest. Having owned a Tundra for 2 years, I know these bows can be quieted down and shoot incredibly well, but it takes more work to quiet them down, and they still have a bit more "bump" at the shot compared to similar bows. New limb pockets would have helped that. Question is, what would make a potential customer come into the shop and buy that bow instead of a BT, Hoyt, or Mathews? Hope the pro series have a few more refinements. The AS 400 would do quite well if priced to compete against the $499 bows that are out there, but even a lot of those have pivoting limb pockets instead of sound chambers. Even a change to pockets like Martins have would be a positive change. I had a Scepter 3 with mag limbs and Nitrous X cams. It did recoil given the light weight and non-parallel limbs, but that thing was incredibly quiet. Same steel limb rockers, much less noise. Not sure why, but someone at Darton should be smart enough to figure it out.

Oh yeah, did anyone see the pics of the new "hybrid" Alpine? Looks like asymmetrical binary cams. They also have a yoke system where the cable hooks up to BOTH sides of the cam (the cam appears to have 4 tracks). This would be their way to eliminate limb twist, I suppose. Interesting that Elite, now Alpine, and I've heard, High Country are going to produce Binary cam system bows, without getting permission from Darton, or paying royalties. Could get interesting.
The Pro series has different limb pockets and will be here soon enough, and their marauder from last year was as quiet as the XT and Tributes I shot and handled. I think in a few months they will be an awesome contender for the other binary cam bows out there, I can't wait to shoot one.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really hope they do a great job with the pro series. I have owned more Dartons than any other bow, and they have always been great shooters for me, easier to shoot well than any other brand I've tried. Darton will definitely be on my list when looking for a new bow.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just looked at their site. Other than the lack of local dealers I'm impressed. He!! theyeven have an email link. Miles ahead of Hoyt in my book already. Anybody know of a place around N.W. Ohio where I can shoot some of these bows? I need one soon for my daughter who is coming along well as a hunter. Like that murauder.

Quick Reply: Got the new Darton!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.