Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Black Mamba

Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 AM

Default Black Mamba

Has anyone owned or shot one of these bows by APA archery? I'd like to check it out but my closest dealer is 3+ hrs. away. I called APA direct and they told me they would eat the shipping since I don't have a dealer in my area. I still think it's a gamble for $800.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: Black Mamba

I shoot the Mamba for hunting . Very smooth draw for a speed bow . and it is a speed bow yet quiet and very little hand shock if any. These bows are well made and customer service is top notch .
Old 11-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto.

I don't personally have one but do sell them and have shot them a lot. Very nice bows and for a speed bow are extremely smooth drawing and shock free.

I shot a switchback xt and a black mamba through the chrono with the same arrow and at the same draw length. The APA and the XT shot exactly the same speed. The kicker is that the APA was set at 60 pounds and the XT at 70 pounds.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am an APA dealer. They are as good a bow as any. They are very fast and smooth for a speed bow. You won't be disappointed with it.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only drawn one back but not had the chance to shoot it and I must say that for what is supposed to be the "KING OF THE HILL" speed bow I felt it was quite smooth and easy to draw. The valley was a tad shallow for me but still quite workable. Very well made bow, as good as anything out there.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:57 PM

I have not tested one out yet but the makers of the bow run the shop I deal with. I can't say enough good things about these guys as well as their other creation such as the apa ultimate rest. I can't imagine why their new line of bows would be any different. I am actually happy i never shot one while i was in their shop this summer cause i probably would have broke down and bought one lol. They said they seem to be having alot of success with selling the bows and are burning the midnight oil keeping up to fill orders. Awesome guys and i don't have a problem driving 4 hours to deal with them.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:40 PM

I shoot one and think that its a great piece of equipment and the customer support is excellent, but this is a man's bow. Its very fast and has a short brace, so, even though it does have parallel limb and very little hand shock, its still a little noisey and very touchy. If you have excellent form and aren't a stranger to yoke tuning, go for it. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:18 AM

I have one and love it, I have shoot 3 deer this year with it one being a 176 1/8 non typical that the black mamba brought down.

It is a very tough bow. Smooth the speed is awesome. I love it. APA is a top notch bow maker.

I have also posted my best outdoor 3-D range scores this year with that bow.

I have always shot mathews and now would never switchback!!