Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

Old 11-19-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

Well I had another chance to play with the Hoyt Vectrix XLtonight. My first order of business was to fire it through the chrono with the 350 grn arrow I took along. The results looked like this:

Hoyt Vectrix XL
70lbs @ 29" draw
350 grn arrow
1 knock point and 2 fuse silencers on the string
300 FPS

I thought not too shabby considering the IBO is supposed to be 315 fps, seemed to be right on par with what you should get.

I also took a second longer look at the new Stealthshot sts type system. I found out that it is adjustable just by losening the 2 hex head screws that hold it in the riser and adjusting it closer or further away from the string. I adjusted the stealthshot closer to the string just a hair away from the string like it should be set up and the string buzz I spoke of in my last post about the Vectrix dissapeared completely. I actually beleive you could probably get rid of the fuse string silencers completely and it would be just as quite. The lack of noise from this bowis the thing that impressed me the most.

As far as the weight, I weighed the bare Vectrix XL on our digital bow scale and it came in at 5.4lbs. Now I then weighed a bare 2006 Trykon (We did not have a Trykon XL to compare apples to apples). The trykon came in at 5.2lbs. Now think if you added the extra length to the riser with the Trykon XL I would figure it would come in much heavier than the Vectrix XL. Now 5.4 lbs is still fairly beefy for the Vectrix XL but it is still lighter than last years Trykon.

I also shot the shorter Vectrix and am happy to report that it feels exactly the same as it's larger brother. Which is a completely different from what I noticed between the Trykon and the Trykon XL last year. Well I just thought I would share these additional results. But I highly reccommend the new Vectrix and I'm not even a Hoyt guy. If I was in the market for a new bow this year I think the Vectrix XL would deffinitly be on my short list of bows to purchase. Basically the only 2 two things that sort of bug about the Vectrix is the overall weight and the finish on the bow but to me they are not deal breakers.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

sounds good now all i gotta do is save money and shoot one
Old 11-19-2006, 08:37 PM

explain what the finish is like pa hardwoods. i am getting a new hoyt and cant decide between this bow and an 06 trykon. either way my hoyt dealer has to order the bow for me, (hes outta 29" 60-70#), soi might tell him to order the vectrix instead. i know this is silly, but looks of a bow are important to me. at this level of bows, both will shoot great, so looks play a role. i think im liking the vectrix since everyone says its just a trykon with a few improvemnets (smoother pull, quieter). longer post than expected but i need to know in 3 days before its too late.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:50 PM

The finish is not a smooth finish like other manufactures it is kind of rough, it is not horrible I just prefer a smoother finish. Also I did notice some small white pin holes in the film dip along with some very small scratches that must have happened when the bow was assembled at the factory since I was the first person to shoot this bow at the shop. Trust me you will want to take a good hard look at either of the Vectrix, a very good offering from Hoyt.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:52 PM

thats interesting. in your opinion, is it worth the extra money to get the vectrix over the 06 trykon? im not sure how much more or if it will be more at all. jus curious before i dump over 600 dollars on a bow.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

thats interesting. in your opinion, is it worth the extra money to get the vectrix over the 06 trykon? im not sure how much more or if it will be more at all. jus curious before i dump over 600 dollars on a bow.
I do think you should go with the Vectrix if it feels good to you after you've shot it. At the shop I work at and shot these bows at the Vectrix is going for $729 or $739 (I can't remember exactly) and the Vectrix XL is going for $759.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

PA Hardwoods
Since you did such a good review on the Vectrix , what are your thoughts on the 38pro VS protec? You might want to start a new form for this.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:50 AM

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

PA Hardwoods
Since you did such a good review on the Vectrix , what are your thoughts on the 38pro VS protec? You might want to start a new form for this.
Sorry ArrowMike I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a 38 Pro yet. The only 2007 Hoyts my shop got in to this point are the Vectrix and the Vectrix XL. But if and when I do i'll do a report.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

What about the VULCAN!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: petrey10

What about the VULCAN!
Sorry not the Vulcan yet either. The only 2 2007 Hoyt Bows that my shop has gotten in has been the Vectrix and the Vectrix XL. But if they do I'll shoot allI can so I know what i'm talking about when customers ask me about the different models. Besides it's fun to try all these new "toys" out.

Quick Reply: Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.