Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

Default RE: Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

Thanks again for the review PA. They just hit my dealer today. The price here in IA is $729 at all of the dealers for the Vectrix. I don't know about the XL. I talked with a guy today that shot it and he was a Mathews man but he stated that this Vectrix blows away the Drenaline and any other mathews or any bow he has ever shot. HONEST. My 28.5" is on order and should be here very soon I was told. I am going down as soon as I can to shoot the 29" though just to do it. I have been too busy with the holiday and work to make the 45 minute drive to shoot it. Can't wait though. I am really excited about this new offering from Hoyt.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:36 PM

HCH, Sounds like your prices are close to the ones in the shop I work part-time. The Vectrix XL at our shop is going for $759. I am very serious when I say If I was in the market for a new bow this year the Vectrix XL would be on my short list. But I love my 2005 Bowtech Old Glory and am probably going to hang onto it for a few more years.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice little review PA. I haven't had a chance to check out the new Hoyts but will do so, hopefully, over the holiday weekend.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:40 PM

ive called every shop within a 100 mile radius of my house and nobody has even ordered them yet. this sucks!!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

You guys are getting robbed. My Pro Shop is selling a 2006 Trykon XL for $599, Vetrix XL for $649, Switchback and an XT for $650, the Ultra Tech for $549 and the 38 Ultra for $725. I am going in to buy a new bow next week I will for sure try out the Vetrix, switchback, and the Drenaline. But I am a big Hoyt fan.

What kind of rest would you recomend on the vetrix. I shoot a WB now. I will just be hunting with my new bow, I also shoot fingers.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would go dropaway i did and havent looked back but it is totally up to you
Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

jeez you guys are paying an arm and a leg. we sell them for $690.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:28 AM

get a hunting rest designed for fingers.
ORIGINAL: gibsonhoyt

You guys are getting robbed. My Pro Shop is selling a 2006 Trykon XL for $599, Vetrix XL for $649, Switchback and an XT for $650, the Ultra Tech for $549 and the 38 Ultra for $725. I am going in to buy a new bow next week I will for sure try out the Vetrix, switchback, and the Drenaline. But I am a big Hoyt fan.

What kind of rest would you recomend on the vetrix. I shoot a WB now. I will just be hunting with my new bow, I also shoot fingers.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM

I shot the Vectrix and the drenalin this week and first off the Hoyt has so much vibration stuff on it from the factory that it's hard to compare the shooting part. Both to me have very little shock or vibration from the release of a 350 grain arrow. Handling wise the Mathews is so much lighter that it is incredible. The lighter feel to me is something to consider at the end of the day. They both pull very smooth back into the wall and both balance very nicely in your hand. The bow shop I went to the folksthere are ordering the Drenalin for themselves and not the Vectrix.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

I shot the Vetrix, Vetrix XL and Drenalin tonight. First i have to say that there is a big (?) on which is better? Well after shooting both i think that you could not go wrong with eather bow. I shot both set up the same with the same carbon arrows. I did not wrench on the bows. I just shot what they gave me. But i had no problem beating up nocks (less than2 " group with no peep)with both of them(20yr range). I would of liked to shot them at 30, 40, 50yds realy set upto see what they are realy made of but the range was only 20yds. Both where fast, stable in hand, and quiet. I am not saying that they feel the same in hand or shot, because they dont. Im just saying at 20 yrd they can both be shot as acurate. So,I sugest that you shoot them both and see for your self.I did and put money down. It's all about what feels good to you.

Quick Reply: Shot the Hoyt Vectrix XL PART2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.