Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker bisket slows down arrows

Old 11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whisker bisket slows down arrows

I was reading a post by a guy that was talkin about the whisker bisket, and he stated that it slows the arrow down by about 10 fps. I was just wondering if this is true, i have one and i love the thing i dont have to worry about the arrow fallin out.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker bisket slows down arrows

wrong forum you would be better off asking in the archery tech forum
Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

whoops sorry is there anyway i can get it moved???

Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

the WB def slows it down, but my bow shoots 210 fps, and i have shot alot of deer with it, so i dont think its really a big deal. but the major advantage of the WB is you never need to worry about the arrow falling off, no matter how hard you're shaking.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Site Bouncer

Yeah, it will slow the arrow down but I have found it to be about 2-3fps nothing to worry about.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:49 PM

i think it dosent slow them down!!! but still ask the archery tech dude person, or it might depend on if the arrows are allmunim or carbon arrows!!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:06 PM

I would say 10 fps is about right. I had one on my bow and was shooting about 298fps I took it off and changed to a ripcord dropaway and went to about 311-315. I also did some other things that made a difference but I would say 10 is about right. Of course if you are talking 240fps then the difference would be less I would think.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:20 PM

It must slow it a little but not a lot. It's barely noticeable.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 AM

The amount that it slows an arrow will vary depending on the setup and arrow configuration.

If you're shooting fat aluminums with a big helical twist on vanes, then you might see something in the 10-15 fps loss. If you have small diameter arrows with straight or slightly offset fletching, then you probably will fall in the 1-4 fps loss range.

I've experimented with many different setups on the WB and have found the following. If the biscuit is too tight, speed loss will be greater. The rest is designed to be shot with the bristles only touching the arrow on the bottom when the bow is drawn. Mine are always setup very loose - you might say sloppy.

I've actually tried to see how little speed loss I could get out of one, so I made the following modifications. I trimmed the back of the biscuit, so approximately 30% of the bristles were removed. I then cut slots for the vanes to pass through (this was on a target arrow with slightly offset vanes ). This involved removing all the bristles in three 1/2" sections of the rim. When shooting this setup through a crono, it was 1 fps FASTER than a traditional 2-prong rest. By the way, the WB shot great this way and I used it for a full year, but it did wear out faster.

Bottom line - the speed loss is insignificant for hunting. If you don't want to use it for hunting, pick a different excuse.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow
Bottom line - the speed loss is insignificant for hunting. If you don't want to use it for hunting, pick a different excuse.
How about the fact that they are loud. Pulling the arrow through them is way to loud in my opinion. That, coupled with the speed loss and the bulkiness is the reason I chose to get rid of mine. I believe that if a person would go to a dropaway they would never think about using a WB again.

Quick Reply: Whisker bisket slows down arrows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.