Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker bisket slows down arrows

Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker bisket slows down arrows

How about the fact that they are loud. Pulling the arrow through them is way to loud in my opinion. That, coupled with the speed loss and the bulkiness is the reason I chose to get rid of mine. I believe that if a person would go to a dropaway they would never think about using a WB again.
This has been discussed at length here too, and it has been found that some arrows casue more noise than others. I went from the original WB to a drop away back to the new WB. Not dissapointed!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

How about the fact that they are loud. Pulling the arrow through them is way to loud in my opinion. That, coupled with the speed loss and the bulkiness is the reason I chose to get rid of mine. I believe that if a person would go to a dropaway they would never think about using a WB again.
This has been discussed at length here too, and it has been found that some arrows casue more noise than others. I went from the original WB to a drop away back to the new WB. Not dissapointed!
So why did you change back to a WB? Not trying to start an arguement, just curious.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I can't find any reason to not use the WB. Actually I sold my bow that had my drop rest on it, I already had the orginal WB, so all I had to buy to get my new bow shootable, was the new and imporved QS biscuit, not the whole assembly. I also was planning on switching to blazer vanes at the same time, which are great through the WB., so there ya have it. I liked the drop zone, BUT I can't find a fault with the WB. I'm not a competition shooter, which is where I think the drop zone, or other drop rests,would be the best choice.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:27 PM

Good enough for me!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

i use a biscuit and when your talking about speed your right, but the versatility is endless. Its just one less thing to worry about in my oppinion!!
[hr]

good luck and God speed
Old 11-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

The rest is designed to be shot with the bristles only touching the arrow on the bottom when the bow is drawn. Mine are always setup very loose - you might say sloppy.
Thisis very important if you want a quiet rest that won't damage your vanes (even the cheapest of vanes). I shoot Beman ICS 340 Camo Hunter carbon arrows and I use a x-large opening. My arrow fitsloose only resting on the black bristles.I have found only about a 2-3fps loss in arrow speed. This set up is very quiet on the draw and does not damage my vanes.

It's IMHO the best hunting rest on the market today.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:23 AM

Fast loading , solidhold on arrow for stalking( I know nit spose to walk around with arrow nocked), and durable piece of hunting gear . Accurate enough to hit the sweet spot , and so easy to maintain. Only real serious draw back may be it freezing up in the snow???
Old 11-29-2006, 04:18 AM

ORIGINAL: *JB*
None of mine have been loud, but then again, it has to be setup correctly. Since hunting with one on my bow, I've drawn back on approximately 40 deer and not one has reacted in any way to my draw. Most of these were inside 15 yards.

As for the dropaway rests, you couldn't pay me to hunt with one. Moving parts, and cords to get caught on branches - way too many possibilities for failure for me to put one on my bow. I'm hauling my bow up trees in the dark, while hunting thick undergrowth. The chances of those things getting hung up is pretty darn high in my situation.

I once put a Muzzy dropaway on my bow. I think it doubled the bow weight. I took it off without even shooting an arrow. Every rest has it's negatives. For me, as a hunter, the WB has the least. Most of the perceived problems are operator error or a need for a slightly different setup. Anyone who chooses to get rid of a rest because it costs them 3 fps, is making a decision I can't even comprehend.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

The bigger the helical on the arrow and the more effect they have on speed. In my opinion speed is overated the faster these bows get the harder it is to get your broadheads to fly good especially fixed bades
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot at Carolina QS WB and love it! I have not shot a drop away but I have to agree with the statement of getting the cord caught on limbs and such when hunting. I have never had any noise or problems with mine and I only lost 2-3 fps, I am also very hard on my hunting equipment and it has held up. I am looking at getting a new Vectrix XL and I will be putting a new WB on it!

Quick Reply: Whisker bisket slows down arrows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.