Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Qiestion about sight pins?

Old 10-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Qiestion about sight pins?

This past week I had oppertunity to shoot a doe.Itwas legal shooting timebut Icould not see her once my bow was drawn. With my eye sight she was clearlyvisable.
My question is this, Is there a set of sight pins that allow for better vision? This might be a stupid question, I don't know. Thanks for any help.

I did see lemon35's post but it didn't help me.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Qiestion about sight pins?

there is no such thing as a stupid question but often read stupid answers

I could be wrong but are you using a sight that uses verticle pins? if so then that is your problem

get a sight that uses metalhorizontal pins
metal pins are thinner than plastic pins thus making it easier to see around the pins and in between them in order to see what you are shooting at.

Look in the classifieds I have a couple for sale there.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bigpapascout

there is no such thing as a stupid question but often read stupid answers

I could be wrong but are you using a sight that uses verticle pins? if so then that is your problem
AMEN! I got rid of my vertical pin sight!

Also, if it was low light conditions, yet legal shooting hours, a light will help. I have trouble seeing my pins after the sun goes down. Here, we can shoot a half hour after sunset.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Monie

I didnt want to name any names but I think weall know which sight we are talking about

the blasted pins are right in the way of what you are trying to aim at[:@]

most impractical piece of equipment I have ever tried to use. put one on my bow and it came back off thirty minuites later. My uncle lost a shot on a trophy deer last year because of the obstruction from the pins,thats 100.00 thatgot thrown in the trash I told him dont throw it away I will try to sell it he said leave it in the trash, I wouldnt want my worst enemy using this thing it would only make them hate me that much more; he was highly urinated to say the least

I know what you mean about using a light on your sight, those little things are worth their weight in gold even if your pins arent so bright once you turn that light on that problem is solved

I use a sight that I made from several different other sights I really like and it has a light on it for those low light conditions.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 AM

spudrow, What kind ( brand and Model ) sight are you using? I would like to find out so I can look at it and see what you are talking about.

Thanks

Old 10-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see two possible scenerios here. Is it possible the pins were too bright, thus you couldn't see past them? Or possibly a peep that is too small, cutting down on the available light passing through?

Or a third possibility; too many pins in the first place. The more pins on the bow the more there are to block out the animal.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Spike

I've seen Trophy Ridge sights selling various magnified lens that fit inside the sight window. They are pretty expensive though. You might check out the webite. Hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen Trophy Ridge sights selling various magnified lens that fit inside the sight window.
That might be ok for 3d and target but no good for hunting.

I learnt the hard way using a peep in low light situations I just could not see worth a flip so I am peepless on my hunting bows.

The problem might not be the sight but the peep so if you have a peep then learn to shoot without one the Timberline No-Peep is about the best alternative.