Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

low and to the right

Old 10-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default low and to the right

I got my first bow yesterday and got to try it out today.Having never shot one before I was quite happy with my groupings. From 15 yards they were about 4 inches. I shot about 30 times and everything was low and to the right.I got it from Huntersfriend. I realize even though it was "set-up", no two people are going to shoot the same.But is that a sign of something I may be doing or should I adjust my pins.Thanks !
Old 10-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: low and to the right

I would move my sifgt low and to the right for now.

I would shoot it from 5 and 10 yards to make sure the arrows are hitting squarely
if they look like they are impacting strait in line
start at 20 yards and sight your top pin in then move back to 30 yards using the top pin shoot for the same spot on your target, the shot will be low but windage should be should be plumb with the first shot if that is good or close you can set your next pin down for 30 yards and repeat the process for 40 and so on.
this will at least get you shooting but I do recomend going to a reputable pro shop where they can check out the rest just to be sure it is properly aligned

and read a lot of these posts on tuning you can learn a lot about the various methods of tuning.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you a right hand shooter? Quite often a shot pattern like this is caused by the shooter trying to watch the arrow flight and not holding the bow in position until impact. The tendency is to move the bow to the right to see past the pins and in doing so the bow arm also drops. Practice holding the sight on target until arrow impact.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys for the advice. After several more practice shots I did adjust my sights and am shooting much better now. I am a right handed and have been keeping both eyes open using a peep sight. I am seeing the flight of my arrows fine but without realizing it I may have been "cheating" a bit. Again, thanks for the replys they have been very helpful !

Rob

Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Also make sure that your feet are shoulder width apart and lined up with the target (kinda like golf)

Also make sure thats your peep site is lined up with the outside of your sight everytime, and your bow is level-