Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Critique my form........Thanks

Old 10-19-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Critique my form........Thanks

Take a look at my form and let me know what you think......

My first problem is that this is the only position where I can see through the peep. I'm stacking arrows out to 40 yards with no problem, I shot two Robinhoods just this week (see my other post) so it's not affecting my shooting. I just don't feel comfortable.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Critique my form........Thanks

First off, theres no arrow on the string. 2nd, i'd say your a good 1 - 1.5" short on draw length. You look REALLY compacted and cramped up.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Dude, you need to relax. You look tense. Relax the bow hand, legthen the draw length and shortenthe rope loop, and get that string on the tip of your nose.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Dude, you need to relax. You look tense. Relax the bow hand, legthen the draw length and shortenthe rope loop, and get that string on the tip of your nose.
Ditto That
Old 10-20-2006, 06:34 AM

Dude.....
You need to shave.

Also, your draw is a little short.

Other than that, all is fine, except the shirt.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:40 AM

I don't shave until I get a deer or the season ends. It's a tradition I'm starting, since I'm the only hunter in my family. And what's wrong with my shirt?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner1982

I don't shave until I get a deer or the season ends. It's a tradition I'm starting, since I'm the only hunter in my family. And what's wrong with my shirt?
Cool tradition I havent shaved my beard off since I was 19 I am 45 now

what you mean, whats wrong with your shirt?
It aint camo!
Old 10-20-2006, 07:20 AM

Yeah the draw is too short, and that is causing your bow arm to be bent too much. Your bow arm should have a slight bend, not too much or not locked. When you lengthen your draw that should bring the elbow of your draw arm down. Your elbow should be pointing directly behind you, not up in the air like in the picture. Your form should look like the letter "T". With your draw arm and bow arm directly in line with one another.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy, those who know me would never believe I'll say this but:

Your draw length is substantially too short. No arrow nock, but the string ooks like it could be drawn back about 1/2" more so the nock would be right under the eye. Couple that with a drawing arm that is bent way too much and I'd say you could be about 2" too short.

I'm not a fan of the "bent elbow". I'd rather see a straight bow arm, but not locked. Bone to bone contact is much more steady than using muscles to hold the bow.

Bow hand seems a little tense in the fingers, but not too bad. The trigger of the release appears to be at the finger tip. Shorten the release so the trigger is in the first joint of the trigger finger. The loop is too long. It only needs to be long enough that the release doesn't hit the nock when hooked to the string.

Left shoulder is down. That's good. The right shoulder is too high due to a high anchor. For the same reason your right elbow is very high You could lower your anchor closer to the chin. That would help your upper body form more of a "T". It would also lower your right hand to about the bottom of your ear lobe. Of course you'd have to raise the peep accordingly.

I don't know why this is the only position where you can see through the peep. The peep is moveable.

NOW, if you want to get real nit-picky then go over on www.archerytalk.com and look up a guy named "Nut&Bolts". Ask him the same question and see what kind of response you get. He's got a regular thing going on form with lots of pictures so you can compare.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the tips everyone...

BGFisher,

The peep problem is a left to right issue, not an up and down issue. If I anchor to my face, I can't see thru the peep without craning my neck terribly. That's why I anchor so far back.

To all,

I guess I should have mentioned that I crushed my left wrist in a motorcycle wreck about 4 years ago. I don't have full range of motion, and it's quite painful to hold a lot of weight on it.Bending the elbow helps put the force of holding my draw on my shoulder, and not as much on my wrist. If that makes any sense.

Plus, a 70# draw makes for a nasty forearm bruise.

Quick Reply: Critique my form........Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.