Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got to shoot the 2007 Hoyts

Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got to shoot the 2007 Hoyts

Man have some things changed for this year. I like the feel of the new vector cam, and the bows are much smoother with the built in sts type system. 11 of the 16 bows havehad MAJOR overhauls. I am getting my new 38 pro on order. Tree stand hunters may like the new trycon sport that has a 29 1/2 in ata. Hoyt engineers sure have been busy.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Got to shoot the 2007 Hoyts

Lucky you. They are not even listed on Hoyt's website yet.

I have to stop looking at these theads, the last thing I need to do is start drooling over new model bows.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:12 PM

Man, don't hold back now!! Tell me more!! My pro shop guy has been out sick for the last 3 weeks....We're expecting the new Hoyt's in when he reopens, I can't wait!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new bow models are the vectrix,vectrix xl,38 pro, 38 ultra, vulcan,trykon sport,trycon jr,avenger, and montega. the new cam is the c2 which is cam and 1/2 technology and more draw length specific. It has adjustable draw stops and adjustable let off.

Our rep was in today and I fell in love with the 38 pro. It shot VERY smooth. Side by side there was no comaprison between my protec and the new 38 pro.

mobowhuntr, I see that you shoot the ultratec now. The 38 ultra would probably suit your fancy. You will be amazed at the difference. When we spoke with the engineers this last year, they said the best was yet to come, and they were absolutely correct.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:13 PM

Dude, it's gonna have to be something REALLY special to out shoot my UltraTec....So, are they making the UltraTec this year?? Can't wait to see them!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ultratec and the protec are GONE. Yep, I was mess too until I shot the 38 pro. They have made some outstanding improvements. I know its hard to comprhend, as it was me. But I am sold on the 38 pro, which seems to be the replacement for the protec. Like I said, you might want to check out the 38 ultra.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 PM

WOW! I can't believe that legacy is gone by the wayside. But, I'll certainly check them all out. I work at the shop, so I'll be shooting a new bow in January. I will check that one out for sure. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Elk,I saw pictures on another site and didn't like the new lines on the 38 pro as well as the ones on my 06 Protec.Was it just the picture or does the Pro look more like what the Protec looked a few years ago.

It is really the same bow(geometry) with a different cam but I loved the way the 06 looked as well as shot.

I am not buying this year so it really doesn't matter,more of an observation.I have already sold my 06 Protec WHICH I LOVED but quit shooting competitively,so it was a shame to have such a nice bow lying under my bed, so I sold it.[]

I figured the draw length specific cams were coming,I like them but the spiral was just a bit too much for me,glad to see they have toned them down a bit.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:48 PM

I just hope with the DL specific cams they are able to keep up.....That Trykon kicked their butts last year. Instead of building 1 bow for 4 people, they have to build 4 bows for 4 people.....
Old 10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

4 people can't shoot the same bow.They just have to build 4 different bows with 4 differentcams,strings,cables configurations.

It is just the dealer now has to order 4 bows instead of 1.

There has to be asmart@$$ in every crowd and I usually volunteer.

Quick Reply: Got to shoot the 2007 Hoyts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.