Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Life of Simms Ehnancer 2000/Limbsavers?

Old 01-13-2002, 06:27 PM

Default Life of Simms Ehnancer 2000/Limbsavers?

I believe I read on another forum that some feel that these products need to be replaced every so often. I believe I read where a guy replaced his Enhancer 2000 and it made a huge difference, as he had not realized how much it had lost its affect over time. Has anyone had an experience, or amount of time/shots that it took for these products to wear out. I am not referring to the string leeches, I know they USUALLY wear out quick.
Old 01-13-2002, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Life of Simms Ehnancer 2000/Limbsavers?

I have the same limb savers (stick on type) on my Hoyt Striker 2 (redline cam) since I got it in 1999. Don't notice any difference in it. There was some talk about a year ago where they were ripping were the "mushroom" attaches to the stem. Other then this I can't see them wearing out if they are still pliable. I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong though.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use limb savers--split limb--had the same limb savers for three years and haven't had a problem or noticed any difference at all.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

same here 3 years no problems
Ron
Old 01-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same here too. I have not had to replace any of the Sims products that I have on my bows.

I did read where the regular stabilizer enhancer is supposed to only last for so many shots.....but I don't remember the exact number..or even if it was an exact number. It mentioned this on the box that the enhancer came in.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:44 PM

My wife shoots a 46# 2001 UltraTec for indoor target. She quickly destroyed one pair of limb savers and we will NOT put a new pair on. There a about a dozen other guys who shoot at our local shop who have had similar problems. I, personally, do not shoot them except on my hunting bow. For target and 3-D they have no functional benefit. I did hear that there was a problem with a batch of limbsavers, but I cannot confirm the rumors. --Ike
Old 01-14-2002, 05:52 PM

I have never had any problems with my limb savers, and I've shot thousands of arrows through the same set-up.

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 01-14-2002, 06:25 PM

Jeff,
I'm willing to bet that you must have got some of the bad batch. I have never seen anyone that was not completely satisfied with the limbsavers. You guys should try them again. They really help keep the wear and tear off your limbs.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:58 PM

if you go to the limbsaver web sight they tell you that they do not last fore ever and the do need to be replaced after so many shots
Old 01-14-2002, 08:41 PM

Didn't mean to say Jeff. Meant to say fibonacci!

Quick Reply: Life of Simms Ehnancer 2000/Limbsavers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.