Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching questions

Old 10-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default fletching questions

I want to start fletching my own arrows. I went out and bought a straight fletch jig today - its a bitzenburger. also got some blazer vanes. I have a whisker biscuit, and the guy at the pro shop told me that i should use straight fletching, otherwise it rips off. this makes sense, but can i make my vanes offset as well? How is this done in a fletching jig? I was also wondering how you guys clean your arrows for fletching.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fletching questions

Clean the arrows with acetone. I use wraps...that way I don't have to sit there and scrape all day long trying to get the old glue off the arrow. Wraps cost a little bit, but it is well worth getting them. One down-side on wraps is if you only need to replace one vane, you have to replace them all.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM

I use denatured alcohol. To get an offset, you have to move the clamp...there should be a couple of adjustment screws next to the magnet on the jig....you can change the angle there.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes you can puta slightoffset with a strait clamp with the Blazer vanes and use the the glue that Bhoning recomends with the blazers and they will do fine.