Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2006 tribute over sight !

Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 PM

Default 2006 tribute over sight !

the bow is very fast .no fast mode its not as smooth as i would like yet the speed is there ....
took large early bow doe and than a large doe in bow season speaks for its ablity fill tags .

i am the blindbowman and i am 100% on my game . so any skilled bowman can make this bow shine..

as for good points

the short AtA makes this bow a good choice for tree stands & easy carrying in the field .

and as i stated it very fast .

now for what i did not like about this bow ..

for one as the bow broke in the bows speed cause the bow to change as it losen up . causeing me to resight the bow 3- or 4 times before it stablized ....
that happens with some bows yet this bow makes me wonder if the bow design for speed is to much for the art of bowman ...

next the speed of string made the peep come lose . i caant say if this is because of the bow shop is a new shop and the skills of the shop were under the need for this high speed bow design ... but i say this for others wisdom ..

last but not lest was all 4 of the screws that hold the cams togather came lose after a 9 day time span . if i had not had away to retighten them in my day pack the bow would be laying out there in the field right now ....

i cant say what cause this to happen may be the shop change the draw lenght and lossen them . but bewear of this !

IMHO this is a very fast bow and the fact remains it fills tags in the hands of a skilled bowman ....
Old 10-11-2006, 02:01 PM

Default RE: 2006 tribute over sight !

ps . i was not jokeing about throwing this bow in the field and leaveing it lay and rust away . it is up to us as bowman to help the designers of these high spped bows . are sales and choices reflect the need and design of these bows . if our reactions dont mean anything to the designers of these bows than our feed back will be useless as will . and than it becomes just their sales and the bottom dollar .

i dont care who makes my bow . i care is the bow safe to be used in the field and can it fill tags . do i enjoy the bows design and dose it fit the bowmans needs ...do i feel safe shoting the bow .. ..
after being blinded in a freak accident , 5 years latter i hunt again ,i can be what i feel is highly skilled bowman again these conditions & needs of a bow mean more than most care to agree about yet i state what it can cause if our needs as bowman are not met .....

this is my secound bowtech and i like the bow for what it is .i hope ther designers over view this post and reply !
Old 10-11-2006, 02:23 PM

Screws can and do come loose on any bow, past and present and it boils down to the owner having the responsibility of maintaining or getting the proper instructions to maintaining their equipment. This is covered in the owner's manual for any bow. As for your peep coming loose, that's going to happen if it's not secured properly.

Would you really throw your $700.00 bow down in the field and walk away to leave it rust because the dealer or yourself failed to set it up or maintain itproperly? I set my Tribute up myself and have yet to re-adjust the sights on it from last late December. It's proven to me to be dead reliable to hit the mark out to 40 yards since then,, no twisting of the string or cables, serving wear or need to change sight settings
Old 10-11-2006, 04:27 PM

One of the big warnings in the owners manual of all binary cam bows is that the module screws MUST be secured with LockTite. I think it's just plain good sense to use blue LockTite on all the static (non-moving) components of any bow.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

One of the big warnings in the owners manual of all binary cam bows is that the module screws MUST be secured with LockTite. I think it's just plain good sense to use blue LockTite on all the static (non-moving) components of any bow.
I have heard that a lil wax on the screw accomplishes the same thing?
Seemed to work for mine, till I sold it
Old 10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep... I've got thousands of shots through my Tribute,and never had a problem.

Of course, I did read the owner's manual and loc-tite the mods screws in after I settled on which module I was going to leave in there long-term.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:07 PM

some good feed back . and i agree . i read everything about the bows . and yes checking the bow each time , helps .but i saw no reason for those screws to come lose under light use at the time .and lock tight is a good idea at this point . . but its for sale ...i have had better bows .. that fit my needs
Old 10-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Same here....thousands of shoots with the Tribute I got in Feb 2006 and the screws only came loose once which was a few days after I brought it home.

My dealer told me that bowtech sends them from the factory on slightly tight thus some were coming loose a few days after they were purchased. The Bowtech Team said to use wax instead of loctite. If you loctite you are pretty much going to have to drill it out to get it out.I have used neither and they are still tight, I do check them about once per week.

The main problem that I have found since season opened with my Bowtech Tribute is that it will not bring the big boys any closer than 100 yards.....What Gives is it string strechor maybee itsout of tune..........[8D]
Old 10-11-2006, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck442

Same here....thousands of shoots with the Tribute I got in Feb 2006 and the screws only came loose once which was a few days after I brought it home.

My dealer told me that bowtech sends them from the factory on slightly tight thus some were coming loose a few days after they were purchased. The Bowtech Team said to use wax instead of loctite. If you loctite you are pretty much going to have to drill it out to get it out.I have used neither and they are still tight, I do check them about once per week.

The main problem that I have found since season opened with my Bowtech Tribute is that it will not bring the big boys any closer than 100 yards.....What Gives is it string strechor maybee itsout of tune..........[8D]
Maybe it's an "oversight" on your pre-hunt shower