Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help w/ model of Browning Bow

Old 10-10-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Help w/ model of Browning Bow

Hey guys,
Appreciate any help on this and thanks in advance.
I have deer hunted for many years, since I was a kid, but three years ago when I decided I wanted to start bow hunting because I was moving to a great hunting place with lots of opportunity. Since I didn't know if I would like it, I went to a pro shop and asked if they had any good, used compound bows that would be a good starter setup, but be decent quality as well. I thought that if I liked bow hunting I would eventually buy something new and better.
Well, I picked up my Mathew's Switchback on Monday, so I guess you can tell I decided I like bow hunting.
Now the problem. The used bow I have doesn't have any model name or number on it. The paper label has worn off and I really don't know the name of the bow. I need to sell it, thinking about ebay, but need to know what exactly it is and if anyone has any thoughts on what the worth might be would be great too. If it makes a difference, it has a 33 1/2 inch axel to axel length, about a 29 inch pull and maxes out around 70 lbs. I am pretty sure it is a Browning Mirage 33, about a 2003 model and worth around 250 bucks or so. If I am off the mark or anyone has any better info, I would really appreciate it.
This little bow has really served me well. I used it for two years and killed four deer with it, could have killed many more. It is very light and compact and fairly quiet.
But, It is time to let someone else have a good used bow.
Thanks again for any help.
Hank

Old 10-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help w/ model of Browning Bow

Did you check ALL the nooks and crannies for a serial #?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Site Bouncer

It indeed looks like a Mirage 33 or it could be an olderTornado. Both used that type of cam a few years back. I think the difference was riser style and AtoA length. either way it's a good bow and you should have no problem selling it.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Judging by the riser it doesn't look like a Tornado. I think you were on the money when you said Mirage 33.

Here is a picture of my '03 Tornado.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 AM

I can tell you that it is NOT an Ambush XB.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 AM

Guys,
Thanks for the inputs.
I'll get what ever I can get on ebay.
Thanks again.
R
Hank