Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam Timing

Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Cam Timing

I think i have already messed up, i bought a new 06 parker frontier bow, didnt know anything about marking the cam, been reading up on articles about tuning a new bow, after about 100 shots the string and cables will streatch and the specs wont be the same, and the bow will half to be tuned and the cam timing will half to be set, only thing i didnt make any markings on my cam, before i started shooting it, probably been shot close to a 100 times, are they any way now i can tell if the cam timing is off, and what do i need to do.....thanks alot
Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 AM

Default RE: Cam Timing

You don't say what kind of cam that bow has, and I'm not familiar with it. Call the manufacturer and see what they say about it. Once you have everything exactly correct, with the bow tuned to shoot a broadhead perfectly, take lots of measurements for future reference.

You should precisely measure brace height, ATA, nock distance from axel, peep distance from axel (if you use one) and tiller. Measure to within 1/32" or closer if you can. Write these down, and then all you have to do is re-measure at any time in the future to know if your bow is shooting exacting as it was supposed to. This will also be very good data for when you change a string down the road.

Other measurements I take, are exact distance of center shot and rest height. For my bows, I've made a block of wood that I use as a spacer to get these last two measurements perfect within seconds. It takes me awhile to sand down a piece of wood to fit this perfectly, but the time spent saves me a lot of tuning time if I have to change rests for some reason. It also assures me that nothing has moved. The peace of mind you get from doing this, is well worth the time spent.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:48 PM

Default RE: Cam Timing

here is the specs for my bow off parkerbows.com

Frontier Bow Specs

Riser
Innovative In-Line Riser provides perfect vertical alignment of the cam, arrow rest and sight pins. Allows quicker, more precise tuning.

Available in RH or LH

Limbs
Parallel Limb Technology generates less recoil for hand shock and noise reduction. Power-Tuff composite materials by Gordon are CNC crafted for precise quality and poundages.

Bow Length
33 1/2" axle to axle......................... Mass Weight - 4.15 lbs

Draw Lengths
26", 27", 28", 29", 30", 31" - (extra draw modules sold separately in 80% or 65%)

Draw Weights
50-60#, 60-70# - (order by peak weight)

Cam
New PowerLine one-cam provides the ideal combination of speed, silence, smooth draw, relaxation, reduced nock travel and friction reducing alignment. Fully decorated in Mossy Oak. 80%

Speed Bearings
Maintenance free sealed ball bearing in both the cam and idler wheel create perfect axle/bearing fit preventing cam lean and excess wear while increasing arrow speed

Average Arrow Speed
IBO - 313 fps....................................AMO - 239 fps............................ Brace Heights - 6 3/4"

Grip
High quality walnut grip lends beauty and craftsmanship

Vibration Dampening

Sims L/S Vibration Reduction Modules.............................Camo - Mossy Oak's New Break-Up

MSRP
$719.95 Bow Only

$819.95 Bow & Outfitter Package