Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Rick James, or other NAP 360 users.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey Rick James, or other NAP 360 users.

Just wondering how you like the NAP 360 rest. After a summer of shooting out to 40-50 yards and switching to a drop away, I found most of the places on the land I'm getting to hunt will give me 20 yd. and under shots pretty much 99% of the time. Had the Biscuit and switched to DA. Now with the short shot thing, I'm thinking of going simpler for next year. Like the idea of a truly silent draw but would like to hear how the 360 tunes and shoots. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:56 AM

Default RE: Hey Rick James, or other NAP 360 users.

I had a 360 on my Switchback, set at 70# and it kept breaking the little plastic bottom rest. The "New" and "Improved" have brushes on the sides and improved the flight. It tuned easy and flew well, just a bad set on replacement rests I believe. ALOT better then the WB because it didn't slow my arrow but 3 fps. WB took 17 fps away. A couple of staff members at Sparta, WI at Mathews use them and love them.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

You lost 3 fps compared to what rest? Drop away? Just wondering. The only time I really chronographed speed differences with rests, I was trying out a GKF Whisper Disk, which lost 3 fps (compared to a TM Hunter) when the vanes were aligned (as well as I could) with the slots, and only 6 fps when I rotated the nock so the vanes pretty much slammed into the foam. That day, I reinstalled the WB that had been on the bow, and speed was within 1 fps of the TM.

I also have heard there were issues with the year 1 360, and those top 2 containment fins. I was wondering if the '06 version was better. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:20 AM

Shaeffer Drop Away
Old 09-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Joe, I'm right there with you and will probably own one after this season just to play with before next year.
3 things are holding me back-
1. the amount of money I've already spent towards hunting this year
2. both of my bows are ready to roll
3. Rick James seems to be having issues with tuning this year[8D][&:](j/k brother, I did order that book you recommended) but I did notice broadheading tuning issues thus far and am waiting to see if he can get the bugs worked out while using the 360.
Being a containment restI can't help but think it will still be more critical to maintaining follow through during the shot.

IF after with playing with oneI loose no accuracy I could very well be shooting 2 by next season.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:46 AM

We've sold several at the shop, and the general concensus is positive. It's a great alternative to the WB, but the only problem I see with it is if you shoot helical vanes. There's not much room between the 2 brushes, and a helical vane looks like it would hit them. Though I can't say that for certain, I've never used one.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, guys. I guess I have no serious reason to switch, since my rests seem to just work fine. Really seems like overkill, at least for my early season spots where 15 yards is long.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

i sent mine back to nap. my bottom post broke off too along with other issues. i had some time to fiddle with the quicktune 360 rest since it came out and have been through all the revisions. good ideas but all the bugs havent been worked out and i got tired of being a crash test dummy for the company. i thinned out the back side brsitles of my whisker biscuit and im switching to blazer vanes. out to 25 yards i can live with it for now. maybe gonna try a drop away next year.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am still loving mine and the bow is tuned now. As a matter of fact, out of the 8 arrows I culled out of 12 that spun and weighed right for broadheads, after my tuning/shooting session this afternoon I have to refletch 7 of them due to slicing vanes off. I also popped 3 nocks and destroyed one pin nock...........all of this tuning was done at 30 yards. I got rid of the Muzzy MX-4's and went to Tight Point Shuttle T-Locks for my fixed blade of choice and they shoot great and now group with my Rage's and field points out to 50 yards.

I said it before and I will say it again, I love this rest and don't see anything I would change on it. I have several thousand shots on it now.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, Rick. MX 4s not getting it done, eh? I have some Slick Trick Mags coming, hope they get here by Thursday so I can set them up for Saturday's opener. I have shot my old tricks and Muzzys already with no problems though.

Quick Reply: Hey Rick James, or other NAP 360 users.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.