Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback XT cam broke

Old 09-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Switchback XT cam broke

Was shooting my XTyesterday, everything was going perfect. Pulled back, and just when it was rolling over..the cam broke. Ruined my string..and lost a Harmonic Dampener. I thought I might have accidently hit the trigger on my release..but it was still on the loop..and the handle was still in my hand. The top limp came back and about hit me in the face. Boy was I upset..

To top it off, I have to buy new strings for it..everything else is covered under warrenty. Gonna go with Winners Choice.

Never heard nor seen anything like this happening to a brand new bow. Just a heads up.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Switchback XT cam broke

Wow, good thing that top limb didn't smack you, that might have hurt a little bit. Best thing is that you are ok. Bows are mechanical machines and they do break every once in awhile. Check out Gibblets strings too...top notch.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow never heard of that and yes gibblett definetly worth a look
Old 09-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah gibblets work is top notch but it hink he is swamped, you might try him, but you could get the winners choice's sooner i believe
Old 09-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

also r and a customs are great to that is what i have on my bow currently but i will get gibbs next time because i have heard way more good things abot him and i like to experiment
Old 09-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, unfortunately I can relate all to well. I bought a slightly used (less than 200 shots) Switchback last year and had a similar problem. I had less than 20 shots on the bow when I heard a strange sound when I released an arrow. As I inspected the bow I found the string had jumped off the bottom cam. I took it to the dealer the next day and he disassembled the bow to find the cam was bent. With the string off the bow you couldn't spin the cam by hand. To this day I still have no idea what could have caused this to happen. Ended up having to buy a new cam and string since I wasn't the original owner.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is, I better have my bow back by Oct 1st..opening day of bow season here in Indiana. The local shop says this friday at the latest...we'll see.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea there is always that chance it wont be back by the 1 st all you can do is hope
Old 09-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

All I can say is, I better have my bow back by Oct 1st..opening day of bow season here in Indiana. The local shop says this friday at the latest...we'll see.
Well, I don't mean to cause any worries but mine took about 10 days to get the parts since it was during the busiest time of the year. Might be different since you're the original owner w/warranty.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man sorry to hear that.
I think it's kind-of stinky that they are not covering the string/cable as well since obviously the cam breakage caused any issues you are having with it. Being that it is an XT (06 model) It would be hard to say you already wore the string down to the point of needing a new one.

Good luck getting it back in time, this is a good reason to consider owning a ready to go back-up bow.

Quick Reply: Switchback XT cam broke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.