Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

try to get gold tip carbons lately?

Old 09-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default try to get gold tip carbons lately?

I have been told by several archery shops and online stores that Gold tips are out of stock until the end of October or later. One guy told me that they are saying it is due to moving their production facility, but he says they actuall moved back in May.
Anyway, I had to order another brand... poor timing for Gold tip.
I went from Gold tip Exp Hunters 55/75 with 3 inch vanes to
Carbon Force stealth hunters 300 size with 2 inch blazers.
Any thoughts from you pros on howfar my sights might be off?
DW
Old 09-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: try to get gold tip carbons lately?

word has it that they are ceasing production in utah (i think thats where they were from) and moving a few hundred miles south to mexico. They underestimated their needs and ran out before they finished moving.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i heard they were short on graphite (carbon ) to make the arrows
Old 09-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot Radial X Weaves as well as the GT 5575 XT's. I haven't experienced any difference between the 2 when shooting. I do like the XT's a little better though. They are just tougher.
There is a guy on Ebay that still has some GT 5575 XT's he sells fletched. I think his handle is jjennova. I bought some from him before and he does a good job. Got my arrows within 3 days after I won the bid. Not to advertise or anything for him. Just giving some info.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

All you have to do is go to Gold Tips web site and it explains why they are behind in production.

AN OPEN LETTER TO OUR CUSTOMERS

Gold Tip and Blackhawk wish to thank our customers for their loyalty and their willingness to seek out quality. For that loyalty, Gold Tip and Blackhawk have endeavored to produce products of the highest quality at a fair price. This has been a winning combination for our companies and, as a result, our businesses have grown dramatically.
In order for us to meet the increasing need to continue to supply an expanding worldwide customer base, we have had to make dramatic changes relative to our production capabilities. Not only have we seen exponential growth in the domestic marketplace but also huge growth in our international business as well. To service this growth we have been compelled to upgrade our manufacturing capability. Although we are producing at record levels, it became necessary for us to move into another manufacturing facility because sales have surpassed productions’ ability to keep pace. This move will enable us to better meet the unprecedented increase in growth we are experiencing and stabilize our manufacturing capabilities. With these changes we will be better able to serve our entire customer base in a timelier manner while still being able to keep our high standards for quality products.
As is always the case in any expansion some disruption of product flow has occurred. We continue to ship product daily and are literally working on a 24 hour schedule. Our production routine includes two 12 hour shifts a day to facilitate our focus to satisfy our loyal customer’s needs. We apologize for any inconvenience and are working even harder to provide our customers with the products they desire. We are doing everything possible to maintain our shipping obligations and keep product interruptions to a minimum. In fact, by mid-October we should be back to regular shipping schedules and anticipate no shipping problems going forward.
Neither Gold Tip, Blackhawk nor VaneTec have succumbed to the industry-wide rumors telling of our demise in various forms. In fact, the truth is quite the opposite in that we are experiencing exponential growth much to the dissatisfaction of our competitors.
For the foreseeable future this change to our manufacturing capability will prove beneficial to our customers by enabling us to better supply the increasing demand for our products. As you are aware we have been in an expansion mode for several years with the acquisition of Blackhawk Archery and Vanetec and will aggressively seek to expand with further acquisitions in the future. In addition, we have been able to secure enough carbon fiber to fuel our expansion and product needs for the very optimistic future. We continue to accomplish our goals relative to production and expansion and are working hard to keep the Gold Tip standard of quality.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding and for growing with us into the future.

801-229-1666 [email protected]
801-229-1666 [email protected]
Old 09-22-2006, 08:27 PM

From what I understand, a certain Air Force Jet manufacturer is buying up all the carbon. Neither Gold Tip or Easton can even GET the carbon to make the arrows. We are bummin, seriously. Fellas, get ready to switch back to aluminum.