Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Woops!

Old 09-21-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Woops!

Made the mistake of pulling my Swithback dry on a freshly waxed string.

IT SLIPPED. Fortunately it was proaly about a third at the most halfway back and maybe only a quarter of the way back when it slipped.

The peep popped out and it knocked the rubber string suppressor out.

Anything particular I should look for to make sure I didn't really mess something up?

I shot it a few times (in the dark) and it sounded fine.

What do you think about a dry fire that was at the very most halfway back? 64 lbs.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 11:43 PM

Default RE: Woops!

I would just check the limbs out very closely for cracks. Well, just check the whole bow out. Cams, limbs, string,accessories, etc. That is alot of force not to be used by an arrow. People have dry fired bows before and never had problems. However, I've seen the end result of a Switchback that dry-fired, i.e. It broke the string and the guy needed a new bottom cam. I would say he was even lucky b/c I think the bow could have broken into pieces upon release especially since the string broke, IMO.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:58 AM

Did he have it all the way back?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could be completely off in left field..but I want to say the local bow shop here where I live said that Mathews waranty covers dry firing! May check into that...