Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

O.K. so his arrow blew up - now what do I buy?

Old 09-19-2006, 10:10 PM

Default O.K. so his arrow blew up - now what do I buy?

Is easton A/C/C the only hybred arrow out there? Is t indeed the safe alternative to carbon? Is Carbon worth the risk? Is Aluminum really best? Tell me what you think.... I am about to buy a dozen of something. Was supposed to today, but the pro shop was out of basically everything, then I saw the post, and well..... now I have started thinking.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O.K. so his arrow blew up - now what do I buy?

After seeing alot of pics of broken,split carbons, I quit using them for target/3D and went to aluminum. I still use them in my hunting rig but don't shoot them too much, and check them often. I'm about 1 pic away from changing over my hunting arrows too.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eastons ACC's, ACE's, X10's and Full Metal Jacket's are about it with aluminum and carbon. All are carbon wrapped aluminum except for the FMJ's that are aluminum wrapped carbon shafts. Check out the Super Slams. They are ultra lite aluminum and very durable.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 AM

All these pictures are the worst cases if you check your gear before you shoot things like this wouldn't happen. Carbons are not either straight or broken well ok the are either straight or broken except if not checked they can be straight but broken with faults and thats when accidents happen. Remember Murrphy is always there. Here is a link to easton's website and it's got three different archery pro's Chuck Adams who tells us why he feels Aluminums are the best, then Randy Ulmer stating how aluminum/carbon arrows are the best. Finally Joe Bell tells us how straight carbon is the best. They all have test to back things up but IMO Chuck has the best info and facts. Some of you might have read this article in Bow & Arrow hunting mag.
http://http://www.eastonarchery.com/articles/aluminumaremyfav.asp
Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just for informational purposes I'll post that Gold Tip/Blackhawk makes an ACC type arrow that compares favorably to the ACC's. Just a whole lot cheaper. Spines are the same, too.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:24 AM

Just for imformational purposes I'll say - I did not know that and I appreciate the info. I will take a look at them. I still cant find any info or prices on the easton FMJ or where I can get them.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the full metal jackets and like them. I had shot Easton aluminums for many years before I switched. I was looking for something durable and thinner diameter than the aluminums that I can shoot at 32". The FMJs are working very well. They rae going to run you about $85.00/doz at most places. I would have gone with ACC but I couldn't fork out $120-140/doz for those.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

What is scary about my episode is that I had just shot this arrow twice within minutes and it had performed and looked fine until it exploded. I believe it just gave out. It had not been nicked or hit the two previous times that I had just shot it pryer to it exploding.
Well today I went out and bought a dozen of Easton A/C/C 3-49 carbon/aluminum arrows. I fletched one up and I have never seen an arrow shoot as accurately and perform like this arrow did for the last hour while I shot it!!!!! I am impressed to say the least!!! I can hit a gnats A$$ at 30 yds and at 40yds it was just the norm for the arrow to stay inside of a baseball diameter like it was on a string. Of course at $140 a dozen they had better perform. I feel better about this arrow over carbon for safety.
[/align]
Old 09-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Well today I went out and bought a dozen of Easton A/C/C 3-49 carbon/aluminum arrows. I fletched one up and I have never seen an arrow shoot as accurately and perform like this arrow did for the last hour while I shot it!!!!! I am impressed to say the least!!! I can hit a gnats A$$ at 30 yds and at 40yds it was just the norm for the arrow to stay inside of a baseball diameter like it was on a string. Of course at $140 a dozen they had better perform. I feel better about this arrow over carbon for safety.
Do you think I recommend ACC's because I shoot them....LOL NO, I shoot them because they are the best. Few things I think are best, my bow...no, my accessories...no, my arrows...yes. Welcome to the ACC HCH.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

YooperMike-

Where did you find the FMJ's for $85.00 dozen? The cheapest I have seen are $59.99 for 1/2 dozen.

Quick Reply: O.K. so his arrow blew up - now what do I buy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.