Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Trimming

Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit Trimming

When I got my W B I decided to try and trim out some of the bristles to improve speed and decrease resistance, but still have the stability. I used a razor blade on the front and back sides. Has anyone else tried this and what kind of success did you have? I believe that I could still trim some more out of it, and I may try soon, but I just thought I would check around with all of the infinately knowledgable bowhunters. By the way.... there sure are a lot of bristles in those suckers. But in my case, yes it did help some.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Trimming

I have heard of and thought about trimming the older style all black bristle biscuit when I had one, but have never thought about it with the newer style biscuit. It works just fine the way it is, that's not to say it couldn't be improved on........let us know what you find out with your "R&D"
Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 PM

It may sound stupid, but I do not see the need for the thickness of that many bristles in my W. B. Thats why I began to shave bristles out of each side. I figured it would mess up my vains less, and reduce the drag thus increasing my F.P.S. I may wind up ruining this W.B. if I keep shaving it, but I think I will keep shaving little by little, from both sides, and chrony it every so often to check my hypothesis. I figure as long as it still supports the arrow, and is kept even all the way around, I should be able to use it and let everyone know what I find. And if I ruin it, well then I answered my own question and I will replace it. Stay tuned.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did it. It was alright. Does weaken it so cut sparingly and if i remember it was somewhat tough to do.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't think of doing that. Do you have the wrong size Bisquit for your arrow?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 PM

No, everything is perfect... Bow shoots great.... Just an experiment to see if I can make it work better. To see if I can get some F.P.S. back that you lose with the W.B. No harm / no foul. But so far it is working fine with the amount I have shaved, and It is not messing up any vains.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

From everything I've heard and read, you'll only lose a few(3-4fps) using the Bisquit. It's up to you.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:17 PM

I dont know... I heard 10-12 here on a thread. Either way it's not a lot, but I guess I have a little inventor/ engineer/ and deer hunter in me. I'll often see if I can make something better, or at least better for me.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

MichaelT., that is alot (10-12) and I know you don't lose that much but like I said it's strictly up to you.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just make sure to leave the bristles stock beneath where the arrow sits. You're shooting cock -up so it won't cost you any speed.
Trim too many beneath the arrow and it will try to cut through on the draw back. Been there, done that.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Trimming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.