Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Busbuit

Old 09-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Whisker Busbuit

whats up, I just bought a whisker biscuit and I noticed that whenI pull back on the arrow I can here it move trough the Bristles, I was wondering if anyone else's does this or did I get the defective one, and also has anyone spooked deer at close range while useing this product I am concerned because I hunt in areas so thick you lucky to get more than a 20ft shot,
Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Busbuit

HI CT,
Mine made noise when I was using Gold tip camo carbon arrows. When I went to the same arrow in black the noise became barely audible.
I can tell you that at 20 yards the deer did not hear the draw last year with the camo ones but I did not want to take the chance
Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats exactly what happened to me yesterday.BIG doe at 10yds, she walked behind some brush and I drew. WB made a slight brushing sound, she took one step forward and looked right at me[X(], ran off in an instant. I bleated and she came back or even slowed down. Nice thing was that I heard a light grunt from whence she came, her little sister came in at 17yds. I smacked her and didn't hear a thing, I waited for the slighest breeze to come up and then drew. It sounded very natural at that point, when the leaves were slightly brushing each other and the pine bows were hissing in the wind....... and it was a slight breeze! It isn't often dead calm where I hunt though, wouldn't it suck to happen w/monster buck in your sights.
My WB is almost brand new, maybe the bristles of the WB are quieter as they get more used. The guy at the PRO SHOP (Rick) said that it would make some noise and if it for just hunting than I should buy a size up..... makes less noise.
Oh, ya! My Slick Trick's also made a slight hiss but the deer never heard that either.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Fork Horn

when they wear they make a little less noise but i still get some now and again i just draw when i ready to shoot or draw early when the deer is walking, ive never been noticed by noise but its possible to be but ive yet to hear a rest that is totally quiet, actually there is one the old rubber flapper type like i put on my recurve but i wouldnt recomend that one,haha.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

CT....old whiskers gotcha down....fall away
Old 09-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Site Bouncer

It only makes sense that it might be slightly louder when brand new. Make sure you have the correct size opening, the arrow should only be touching the black bristles not the brown. You should be able to see light most of the way around the arrow.

Now shoot it a few hundred times (you should be doing this anyway) and it will be quiet. It will never be silent, you will still hear a slight noise while drawing but not loud enough to spook anything. My old prong rest makes more noise and I killed more deer with that set up than I care to remember.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Spray the biscuit with Armorall (shhh...trade secret)
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info everyone I appriciate everyones input.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

I hada wb, i never had any problems out of it, i just wanted a faster bow so i changed to a dropaway