Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TruBall Releases??

Old 09-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default TruBall Releases??

Ok, I'd like to hear some thoughts/opinions on Truball releases, specifically the Cyclone if possible? Anyone use one? I tried on a Trufire hurricane and Judge today, then tried on a TruBall Cyclone and I totally fell in love with the Cyclone! It was light and fit me so much better than the TruFires which seemed heavy and bulky for my small hands. I'm really looking at getting a TruBall Cyclone now. Would this release work ok off my aluminum Ultr-Nok XL loop? I really hope so! I'd appreciate any comments on the release. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TruBall Releases??

As far as the cyclone goes, it is a fantastic release. If it feels right then you can't go wrong, just make sure you shoot it before you buy one. It should work off your aluminum loop, but I guess I wonder why you wouldn't go with a string loop that is lighter and won't wear serving/releases as much?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, everyone keeps telling me get a string loop. I will, eventually, but my aluminum loop I just got last year and it is still practically brand new so I want to at least use it through this season ten maybe next year switch to a string loop. Besides, I'm fresh out of college and still waiting for a $350 bow to arrive
Old 09-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

TKGL, the tru ball will work well. Like any release set the length and sensitivity to your liking once you make the purchase. Most releases have a good deal of adjustability in the amount of distance the head is from the wrist strap.
The metal nock could easily be replaced with a loop that wouldn't cost you any more than a cheap cup of coffee.
One of the many negatives with the metal loop is the metal to metal noise the release can/will make with it when hooking up. If there is a deer in close proximity it could tip him/her off.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting the cyclone for a couple years now , love it , it preforms awesome , before that I used a short and sweet another great rest , especialy if you use a loop . Im with Dave lose the ultranock , I heard horor stories about string breakage right at the nock while useing them , and the noise and weight of it are all drawbacks , a string loop would do you justice .If you have been shooting a strap release with a solid rod that conects to the resease head , and switch to the cyclone , Ill bet you see fast results in accuracy gains , the cyclone is MUCH less likely to toqure . It along with the short and sweet are the best releases Ive used . I shoot off the string thats why I use the cyclone , if I used a loop I just might chose the short and sweet .
Old 09-13-2006, 05:42 AM

my buddy use a copperhead and i use a loop master both by trueball and they great. my buddies copperhead gave him about three feet per second on his bow!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll order the release, then when and if my new bow ever comes in,lol, maybe I'll see about switching to a string loop if I don't like how the metal loop is working on the new bow with the new release.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

tru ball is the way to go...i just switched to a copperhead from a trufire and the difference is amazing
Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, so I'm trying to decide on whether to get the cyclone with a velcro strap or the buckle strap. Opinions on either? The velcro one was very comfortable but I hear the buckle is the way to go for consistency and quiet. Any thoughts? Does the buckle adjust fairly small?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

truglow is a good product..velcro for perfect fit

Quick Reply: TruBall Releases??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.