Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable slide damaging cables?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cable slide damaging cables?

Hey Guys hows it going,well I've had my Reflex Highlander for 6 months now i get in practice almost everyday anywhere from 30 to 50 arrows,heres the deal i believe my cable slide is damaging my cable and i need to know why its happening and also should i get new cables and strings before season opens here.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable slide damaging cables?

Holy crap! If it were me, at a bare minmum, I'd replace the cables and slide. That slide must have some NASTY burrs! Since the bow is only 6 mos old, the manufacturer should replace everything free of charge.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

I got it from Hunters friend maybe i will contact them and see what they say.If its gonna take too long to get it back from the manufacturer id rather get ne cables installed and swallow the cost.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

WHOA!!!!!! I have never seen that before!

I have a Reflex Highlander and don't have problems with my cables or cable slide! OMG... I would get that bow serviced under warranty quick! Something is not right with the cable slide itself. Like monie said, there has to be burrs inside one of the cable slide areas!

Man, I wouldn't even attempt to shoot that bow as it is... Can we say OUCH?!?!

Good luck and I hope you get it service real quick!!!

Butch A.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah it looks like you have some strands busted on there. It looks like you are using a NAP Quicktune (?). I have some wear problems since I installed the NAP Quicktune. Nothing near as bad as what you are showing though. I use bowstring wax liberally around where the cables go into the cable slide. Has really slowed down the wearing.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I used wax constantly once isaw the first signs of wearand it still did that,Its a quicktune 4000 so i just cant replace the slide because of the steel cable so what i think its just the OEM cables are cheap.Well i spoke to hunters friend and since it would be considered normal wear and tear i need to replace the cables and strings on my own,so i guess ill be buying new cables and strings.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

My cables are nearly two years old and don't look nearly that bad. I use a Quicktune 2000 on my Reflex Excursion, so the setup should be similar. That wear and tear is not normal, and Reflex should make it right, but probably won't.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I beleive its the cableslide thats causing the problem too,maybe ill can NAP and ask them if they ever had this problem.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Just got off the phone with a representative from NAP andWOW what great service and company to deal with,i wish all companys dealt with their custumers like NAP does,They will be sending me a new cable slide and a new cable.Thanks again for all the comments and Thanks NAP.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the cable slide did not come with the bow, then you need to contact the maufacturer of that slide. They should at least replace it, and hopefully your damaged cables caused by their slide.

Quick Reply: Cable slide damaging cables?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.