Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable slide damaging cables?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable slide damaging cables?

lol...yep
Old 09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Only thing that hurts me now is that i cant practice and i love to practice.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

I had the exact thing happen to me with my 06 Trykon and NAP Quicktune 2000 drop away. My wear was much worse and was only 4 months old before I had to replace everything. The shop that I took it to said the wear wasdue from the different angle on the cable slide that was furnished with the QT 2000 and that since then they have changed the cable slide. I decided to repair minea week before leaving the country on a bear hunt. The shop reccomended aTrophy Ridge Dropzone at the time, so I had them install one....what a big didsapointment, that thing is very noisy compared to the QT. I did go with a teflon cable slide and it has done a great job.I only had a few days to settle the new string and cables and rest before hunting buteverything worked at crunch time.

LOL here it is a month before the fall season and I have the same setup, I still cant stand the Trohpy Ridge but probably wont change it.[8D]
Old 09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Im not changing my QT, i love that thing,im just happy that NAP is getting me a new cable slide and steel cable,i have a month to go before hunting starts here.Need to send the bow in to the shop for new cables.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:16 PM

Had the exact same problem with a QT 4000 on my UltraTec but I assumed that I nicked the cable section of the brand new string (single cam) with a broadhead. I put another new string on and this is now my backup bow but I'll be taking a closer look at it tonight. I did notice that my cables on my new Old Glory are more worn than expected but I also just beat the crap out of it hunting reindeer. (Belly crawling through the brush can be hard on strings and cables.) Thanks for the post!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks KodiakArcher,BTW the representative from NAP said to make sure that the steel cable is not too tight and causing the slide to put too much presure on the cables.Look at Fig 9
http://newarchery.com/documents/200606025037.pdf
Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 AM

Try the new winners choice slide it works great.

Pat
Old 09-17-2006, 06:09 AM

now i know with that slide, if your cables are supposed to cross above the slide, and they're crossed below the slide like in you picture - it will tear them up. thing is, i'm not sure on that particular bow if the cables are supposed to cross above or below the slide. does anyone else know?
i learned the lesson on a bow of mine. on the particular bowtech the cables were supposed to cross below. i installed and had them crossing above and it tore them right up. replaced the cables and flipped the slide around so i could cross below - voila, no more damage.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

I have no clue,i got it set up alreay from the distibutor so i cant say for sure how they went,well gibblet i sent the bow for new strings and cables at a shop here in IL forest park.