Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Old Glory Shooters

Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Bowtech Old Glory Shooters

Hello all,

This year I purchased an Old Glory, I previously owned a Patriot Dually. Anyway, I am trying to tune and I am getting inconsistent results. My arrows are 26.5 long from the arrow tip, (without fieldpoint in), to the point on the nock where the string rests. I have the bow at 70~71lbs, 100 grn tips, and I am shooting a drop zone.

My question is there anyone who has the same bow, draw weight, and arrow length who has paper tuned to bullet holes without any spine issues? If so what arrows are you shooting? Brand, shaft, length, tip, etc.

The other logical thing is that I am torquing(SP) the junk out of the bow. I usually would research this however its getting close to season and I need a home run here.

Currently I shoot CX 3D Select 400's at about 28".

Thanks guys, happy scouting.

~David
Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Old Glory Shooters

You are way underspined
Old 09-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

I'm shooting an 06' Old Glory also.My draw length is set at 28",my arrows are 27"long,Draw weight at 68 pounds,I also have the smooth mod's in.I have tried 3 different arrows,and still getting a point high tear through paper.I have gotten the best results shooting a Carbon Express Maxima 350 with 100 grain point,and 3-2" blazer's.Groups are great,but still shoots a point high tear?I'm also shooting a Drop Zone rest.These are the other arrows I have tried,Carbon Express Terminator Select 4560,and Beman ICS Hunter 340. My complete arrows weigh 370 grains. Arrows are flying straight,no wobble or kick,and group's are great,that's what I'm going hunting with.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:34 PM

I dont know about the 3-d selects but the regular cx400's I have spine out to like 85# at 28". That may be your problem.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:08 PM

My Old Glory is shooting bullet holes with A/C Superslims that are properly spined by the Easton chart (340's at 29" and 71# w/ 125 gr head). You may need to investigate your rest timing. My girlfriend's bow was giving me fits until I got her Drop Zone timed properly then bingo!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:37 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. Right now I am looking at either theEaston Axis spined at 340, or Gold Tips spined at 5575, trimmed to 26.5". My bow poundage is ~71lbs. If anyone suspects any problems, please let me know. Thanks again for the insight.

~David
Old 09-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Before you buy arrows , make sure you are getting the proper spine . What you listed before , a 400 spine 28 inch arrow is good for arround 60 pounds when useing a 100 grain tip and feathers .
Go to www.bowjackson.com and run your specs thur eastons interactive chart , then use only an A rated shaft , or the next stiffer spine , not weaker . This is critical especialy if you are shooting fixed broadheads .
Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 PM

After a good bit of debating, I went with Maxima Hunters, 350 spine, trimmed to 27". I am figured that would be about right with 71# draw. Expensive buggers though!![:-]

Thanks again guys for the insight.

~David
Old 09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That should be the right spine, but the CX 400's should have been all right too. CX uses a different numbering system. The 400's are not a .400 spine like say, Easton or Beman 400's would be. They go up in spine CX 100, 200, 300, 400. I think the CX 400's are more like a Beman 300 in actual spine. It would be nice if all the manufacturers would name their arrows in a consistent way.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:34 PM

Standardization is always nice, however......back to life, back to reality!

Also I am not 100% sure that new arrows are the sure fix. Form could be the culprit. While I was at the shop I pulled back a bow that had a really skinny grip. All metal, so on a cold day that could ruin your bow-hands day, anyway my hand really liked that grip. Lateral forces were a a minimum except straight downrange. I might be putting a shrewd on the OG. Alsotheman helping meshot for team "Browning" for a while and showed me some alternative grip styles, they were quite comfy, and at the same time removing more torque potential.

Thanks again guys,
~David

Quick Reply: Bowtech Old Glory Shooters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.