Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Question

Old 09-07-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Bow Question

I am thinking about getting a XP Series Bow from Bass Pro. Anybody have any experience with them, good or bad?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:00 PM

Default RE: Bow Question

I just looked at them and they look to be a Hoyt designed bow, or possibly a renamed Reflex line. Good bows I have no doubt, never seen or shot one though.

I would advise against getting a bow from basspro or Cabela's though, even if you are going in the store to get it. If you are a newer archer I would highly suggest a reputable small pro shop instead. Might cost you a bit more, but I bet the service might be a bit better.

Not always the case though, some small shops are not that great, and some of the larger chains have some decent people behind the counter, but it's a rarity more than a given from what I have seen.

I would strongly advise against getting one from the internet unless you are an advanced archer with a decent knowledge of tuning and set up. And then I still don't think it's a great idea to be honest.

Paul