Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fed up with Bowtech

Old 09-02-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Fed up with Bowtech

Back in June , when I was shooting my bow after a lapse of 6 months, I noticed my bow was sounding louder. After examining my bow, I found a hairline crack in my upper limb. I contacted the Canadian Distributer of Bowtech and was told to returnit to the shop where I purchased it. I could not so with the cooperation of tmy original dealer, I was able to have it repaired at a local dealer who I now deal with. The part was ordered in early July and the part arrived in mid August. Nothing was said to me about the poundage of the limbs or anything. So when I picked up the bow, instead of a sixty pound model, I now had a seventy pound model and no one had a clue how it happened. I contacted the distributer and all he could give me is excuses and blamed it on the shop and it is not their fault because they merely in stalled the part but charged me 37 bucks for installation. Now I am waiting for the proper limbs to come in and I should be practicing for the season. This has been one frustrating ride

[/align]
Old 09-02-2006, 09:30 AM

Default RE: Fed up with Bowtech

That can certainly be frustrating. Did you order the part, or did the shop? If the shop did, they ordered the wrong part and should re-install the correct one free of charge. If YOU ordered the part, you ordered the wrong part and they may charge you to re-install.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the limbs are rated 60 - 70lb couldn't they have just backed down the poundage? Or is there a significant difference by going with 50 - 60lb limbs and cranking them all the way up?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm sorry, but it seems odd to me that there are always new posters on this site bashing bow manufacturers. I'm not saying you didn't have the trouble, but it's awful suspicious.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

I'm sorry, but it seems odd to me that there are always new posters on this site bashing bow manufacturers. I'm not saying you didn't have the trouble, but it's awful suspicious.
I might be wrong (which wouldn't be my first time) however, I thought bashing manufacturers was prohibited on HNI ?
Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Either the wrong limbs were ordered by you, the shop, or the wrong limbs were sent by the distributor. Why blame the manufacturer?
Old 09-02-2006, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

If the limbs are rated 60 - 70lb couldn't they have just backed down the poundage?

Yes, but only minimally. You will only SAFELY be able to drop it to maybe 58 pounds. As you know, to lower the poundage you have to back out the limb bolts....They will eventually come all the way out, and that would be bad. And, if you want that 58 pounds, be prepared for an inefficient bow. Bows are most efficient on their upper ends. To get the most out of it, get the 60# limbs.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

True, but I don't personally see this post as bashing. There is a legitimate problem that needed addressed. Besides, there are visitors here all the time that we can't see. They read what everyone has to say, and don't register until there is a question that needs answered.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a similar circumstance they shipped me some 80# limbs and I wanted 60's for my competition bow... They then sent me 70's which I kept, and backed off a bit. Bowtech was extremely nice, I talked with a tech on the phone and they were going to ship me the other ones express mail at their expense. Stuff like that happens all the time,allcompanies. I doubt that Bowtech didn't try to make it right. I've never had one problem with Bowtech, and I doubt I ever will.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've said for years it's one thing to have a bad limb and have the manufacture bend over backwards to fix it and another thing to have it continue to happen over and over at the expense of the costomers. This is like the umpteenth time I've heard this same story with similar results. If I buy a bowtech it will never be a used one because the warrenty doesn't go with it and it's a good chance I'll need it. Nothing against them, just don't get it.

As far as bashing a manufacture here goes, that's news to me, Scent elimination clothing is subject to it on a regular basis. Never heard anyone complain about that. Not that I care

Quick Reply: Fed up with Bowtech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.