Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fed up with Bowtech

Old 09-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fed up with Bowtech

If you are fed up with Bowtech over what transpired, sale it and move on.

Easy enough.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Host of Hosts

If I buy a bowtech it will never be a used one because the warrenty doesn't go with it and it's a good chance I'll need it
That statement would apply to Hoyt, Mathews, PSE or any other Bow maker.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:29 PM

The shop odered the part, but I was in regular contact with the Canadaian distributer. The thing that ticks me off is that all I hear is the tired old line " They will take care of you. To date, They haven't.

[/align]
Old 09-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

true you could have a problem with any bow manufacture but if it was me I would trade it off on a differant bow
Old 09-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Host of Hosts

The shop odered the part, but I was in regular contact with the Canadaian distributer

So the manufacturer is to blame because the distributor sent the wrong part to a shop where you didn't buy the bow whoordered the wrong limbs? OH now it all makes sense.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

If I buy a bowtech it will never be a used one because the warrenty doesn't go with it and it's a good chance I'll need it
That statement would apply to Hoyt, Mathews, PSE or any other Bow maker.
True, but not in this contextand I do shoot a Hoyt. When's the last time there's been a post about their limbs going bad. I've been here a while and I can't recall one. Bowtech on the other hand has had many. Until lately, there hasn't been much at all about Hoyts. The Trykon has not faired so well. In other words a used Hoyt would not be so much of a risk. Aused bowtech wouldmost likely come with a history I don't care to be a part of. No Idea about a Matthews. I wouldn't buy a used Trykon either.

Like I said I don't get it. if it was me I'd be very unhappy given the record. And while were here what does this whole thing say about the use of the word "Pro". Anything but professional if you ask me. What is the procedure? You call up and say send me some limbs and they reach it to a barrel where all of them are kept and send you a couple. Somebody had to ask, "Which ones?'.AND THEY ALL REPRESENT THE COMPANY. It's the customer and Bowtech period. Regardless of who he talks to it's Bowtech the company. Can I buy one from the company? No, I have to go to one of their AUTHORIZED dealers.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Host of Hosts

Regardless of who he talks to it's Bowtech the company. Can I buy one from the company? No, I have to go to one of their AUTHORIZED dealers.
I understand what your saying, but don't they need the correct information from the get go? If the purchaser of the bow goes to another dealer there already is no loyalty there. like buying a Chevy at one dealership and going to another only for warranty work. Sorry to say it,but your not going to the head of the line. Listen I understand your reasoning and your right in alot of what you say, but the tilte of the thread is a Bash on Bowtech plain and simple. If you ordered the right parts and Bowtech "the company " sent you the wrong limbs then Ok you beat up Bowtech. But if the mistake was made by an incompetent dealer or distributor you contact Bowtech directly and report the problem and give them a chance to respond or make corrections. You don't go on a public forum and cast false claims in your title. I shoot a Hoyt also and do some work for a "proshop" sometimes. Every bow made can experience limb problems. I honestly think that people come to these forums to create false impressions on other bow makers. We have NEVER had a Bowtech through the shop that had the "so-called" limb cracks that everyone heard about on these forums, especially Archery Talk. We did however recently see a HoytPowertech with the lamination showing hairline cracking on the limbs. When the guy brought the bow in it was very warm. He had been leaving it in the car during work hours and the heat was damaging his bow. So do you blame Hoyt? I don't think so. I personally beleive most limb problems arise from an owner dry firing his bow or a freind picking it up and dry firing it. Most people aren't going to admit that mistake. Bowtech has made some great bows in the last couple years and deserves more respect for what they've been able to accomplish in such a short time. They truly are a leader in the industry, so better get used to hearing the name.