Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone shoot a PSE Nova?

Old 09-01-2006, 05:19 AM

Default Anyone shoot a PSE Nova?

Just wondering if anyone that shoots a Nova has ever had a problem with it popping when you start to draw. About 2 inches into the draw. My Nova is brand new and I have had it at the pro shop trying to get it fixed for the majority of the time that I have owned it.

They have replaced the cable slide, taken the bow apart several times to oil and grease parts, and even taken the grip off to put a pad underneath because they thought it was rubbing. I keep telling him that the cams are causing it but all he says is no.

It does it worst when I shoot several times, set the bow down for a while and then shoot again. If this is a common problem with the Nova, I just assume move on to another bow. They are going to replace it with another Nova, but I don't want it if the new one is going to do the same thing. I wouldn't be happy if I was about to draw on a deer and my bow pops.

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone shoot a PSE Nova?

I shoot a Nova, mine was doing that too untill I got it tuned and cams timed, limbpockets greased and some other things. What cams are on your Nova?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

This happens every once in a while. It could be the rockers under the limb, but you did say it was torn down and greased. One thing comes to mind is the little washers at the limb tips that the cable yoke attaches to. These could be sticking a bit and not rotating smoothly as you draw.

It's not something common to Nova's. In fact, it isn't common to any bow. It's just one of those things that happens every once in a while. At least the shop is willing to replace the bow. That at least says he's willing to try to satisfy you. Give him credit due.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:16 PM

I have the SU cams.

As far as giving my pro shop credit, I do. He has been nothing but helpful. I agree that it is the washers by the cams. But I even watched him take all that apart and put oil on the pin. Maybe the washers didin't get enough in between them.

What kind of oil or grease should you use?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

I've had my nova for three years now with no problems what so ever
Old 09-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

the wife shoots one and has been for awhile now with no problems but I have heard of this problem with some of the earlier nova's and the problem is the limb pockets.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:04 AM

My pro shop actually changed out the limb pockets and everything has been greased. After he did that he said that should fix it, but it didn't.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

huh? i cant believe the tech at the pro shop didnt draw the bow after going through all that trouble?? you know to make sure it actually fixed the problem... I cant believe he would do all that work then just hand it back to you un fixed. maybe its your release aid? some release aids have been known to pop when enough pressure is applied to the mechanism. which would explain why you are hearing a noise but the tech likely didnt after he fixed the bow, im sure you didnt leave your release with him while he was workin on the bow..
Old 09-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been shooting a Nova for 4 seasons and have had no noise problems, thankfully. I agree with DesertWolf,the bow should have been test drawn before leaving the shop. At any rate, good luck getting it quiet.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure what else to tell ya bud. AndI was wrong it wasnt my Nova that wasmaking that noise it was my Pro-Line. I havent had any issues with my Nova at all.

Quick Reply: Anyone shoot a PSE Nova?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.