Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone shoot a PSE Nova?

Old 09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone shoot a PSE Nova?

Jay,

The most common grease used is white lithium. And it only takes a very small dab between the limb and the cable washer--not just on the axle. I also agree with the other guys in that I would have shot the bow for 1/2 hour or so before leaving the shop with it.

Although I've never encountered a problem with the release I wouldn't rule it out.

Just thought of something. Depending on how much clearance you have maybe your cable guard rod is rotated too far and putting undue pressure on the limb tips. Just something else to look at.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:18 PM

He did use white lithium grease on the limb pockets. On the cams he used machine oil (what he called it).

Unfortunately I had to go to work when I picked it up from the shop. He wanted me to shoot it, I just didn't have the time.

As for the release causing the problem,it does it when you draw with fingers too. And he did try it out. In fact, he said he let just about every customer that came in shoot it. Not too crazy about that. I'm glad he is willing to give me another bow.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a PSE Polaris Express, its an older model(11yrs? or so). recenty I notice it making a poping (just one very quick snap while drawing)noise while drawing every once in a while(every 15 shots maybee). but im not sure where it comes from it never really bothered me because it wasnt all that loud, i just figuered it needed some teflon spray lube applied to the cam. ill check into this soon and post what i find out while tinkering.

jay does it pop if you draw slowly? is it more that one pop? does it pop at the same point in your draw everytime?
Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 PM

Yes, it does pop if you draw slowly. It does pop more than once. And it pops within the first 2 inches of draw. Of course, it will only pop after it sits a while. If I shoot it a lot, put it down for 15 minutes, and come back and draw it will pop very loud.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id get a new bow for sure if its that bad and theyve tried everything. Im almost positive mine is just a lube problem(i hope) becausei thinkdoes it at the same point in my draw cycle. im definately going to check tomarrow.

Sometimes i wonder about some shops did you see him do the work on it?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:54 AM

Yes, I saw him tearit down several times. But I was unable to stay for everything that he did. I don't doubt that he's trying. He told me before I bought my bow that he doesn't make much off of the bow itself. He said what he wants to do is get me addicted to it. Because I will continue to go back when that happens. He probably didn't reallize how much of a pest I would be if there was a problem with the bow.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

JayT,
Been shooting one since about 1980, before the yoke, no problems.
dog1
Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I lubed my axles and cable slide with dupont teflon this morn and it shut my bow right up. It draws quite a bit smoother 2(must have really needed it), probly picked up a few fps as well.

jay

id probly get fed up in no time if my bow was that bad and get somthin i can be happy with. just my 2cent.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:16 AM

Shot my PSE Nova for 4 years before upgrading to Mathews Switchback XT. My PSE was a very dependable bow with no problems.