Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Good bow for a girl?

Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good bow for a girl?

I bought a bow for my girlfriend for Christmas a few years ago (PSE Deerhunter). Her draw length is about 24/25". She is pulling about 39lbs. Well, she keeps getting stronger and Im sure she'll need an upgrade in a little bit but I think her bow only goes to 40lbs. Any suggestions on a bow that would fit about a 24/25" draw length that might go to 50 pounds? Its so hard to find one for people like her size. Thank for in advance.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:36 PM

Default RE: Good bow for a girl?

Bowtech equalizer. Look no further.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:47 PM

Browning Micro Adrenaline would be another good one. 10 full inches of DL adjustment, and it comes in a 50 pounder, but you can get about 53 or 4 out of it.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought my girlfriend a Martin Saber. 30-50lbs draw. Shes pulling 45lbs, hopefully she'll takea deer w/ it this year
Old 08-27-2006, 07:09 AM

My husband just bought me a bowtech equalizer, and I LOVE IT! He also just bought me a new release, a T.R.U. Ball Silverback Xtra. My bow was set at 24 in, with about 10 twists on it. Let him talk me into the new release, and it is great!! Untwisted and increased draw to 25 in! My old bow maxed at 45lbs, and in about 3 weeks was able to max out equalizer at 58lbs(because of twists) Got my new release and because of increased draw am now maxed at 61lbs. Able to get around 270fps
Old 08-27-2006, 08:47 AM

I got my girlfriend a Hoyt Rintec and it's pretty darn nice. So are the other bows mentioned here. Actually there are quite a few nice bows on the market now for smaller framed archers. I think my mighty might can even go down to 25-25.5 inches of draw.

Just 5 years ago there was hardly anything for a small archer. I had a heck of a time finding a bow. Now there are a fair amount of choices to be had. I believe hoyt has another womens bow as well. I don't remember the name though. Every year they have a quality womens bow, but they keep changing the name.

I will agree, bowtechs make some great bows that are pretty effecient at shorter draw lengths.

We also have an alpine micro that is pretty nice. Not as nice as the rintec, but it only cost 190 bucks, where the rintec was over 300.

Paul
Old 08-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Bowtech Equalizer.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

www.hoyt.com/products/selena.tpl

If you are looking for all the same features as anormal bow,this is the bow.

Remember,the ibo speed on this bow is at 28".
Old 08-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

BowTech Equalizer. Fastest and smoothest bow on the planet draw length for draw length. It'll make her feel that she can compete with anything out there that any of the boys are bringing to the table...
Old 08-27-2006, 12:24 PM

i'm in the market myself for a bow like this. i shot a couple weekends ago and my buddie's wife was shooting a real pretty ultratec at 38-40# - she shot 2 up and was shooting super fast. i want to say what i think it was, but y'all won't believe me. she was shooting right at 5gpi. if you get light arrow for competition you can get the bows super fast.

Quick Reply: Good bow for a girl?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.