Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A Good Drop-away

Old 08-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Default A Good Drop-away

Were going up to out local pro shop sept. 1st to get a drop-away and a few outher things for hunting season. What is a good drop-away i dont want to pay more than 125.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:29 PM

Default RE: A Good Drop-away

QAD Ultra rest. Make sure they tune your bow after it's been installed. Look it up and read about it first. I used to shoot the biscuit but lost speed. Nota issues with the QAD.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy taker is pretty good...a lot of people swear by those. I am currently using a NAP 2000 RG on my Mathews. I like it a lot. Easy to setup and use. It even came with an instructional DVD...showing you exactly what to do to set it up...can't get any easier than that!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Host of Hosts

I like the NAP Smart Rest. I have one on my Trykon and one on my Tribute..Zero fletching contact
Old 08-24-2006, 05:38 PM

Here's a second vote for the NAP Smart Rest. I'm using the NAP QT4000 but I think I'll switch to the Smart Rest next time.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using the Schaffer Mat-1 and really like it. Check out http://www.schafferarchery.com/productcatalog.aspxand note the Mat-1 fits Mathews, E-2 fits most bows including Bow Tech, Tec-1 fits Hoyt. It ran around $100. Ray
Old 08-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Host of Hosts

I had the Schaffer Tec-1 on my Trykon and thought it was a well made,good looking rest, but I couldn't tune it. Thats when I switched to the NAP Smart Rest
Old 08-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

GKF Mirage!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The two that i've stuck with so far is,the NAP SmartRest, a pretty good system, BUT I HATE the "THUMP" you get after the shot with the 'Vee armstricking the rubber arrow holder".
The other rest is the TR DZ, micro adjust. However this restgives 'me' a bit more time to tune. The locking system on the windage bar could do with some changes and the twosprings on the suspension rods should be a little longer.
They are so many D/A rest now to choose from. The Muzzy works well, but it's really a hulk of a rest (for me).
Old 08-25-2006, 07:15 AM

Rip Cord fall away rest! Adjustable, durable, simple to setup and it works a long time. List around $79.

Quick Reply: A Good Drop-away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.