Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A Good Drop-away

Old 08-30-2006, 04:54 PM

Default RE: A Good Drop-away

HHA Sports has a great drop away and they do stay in tune.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

IMO
Whisker Bisket or NAP Quicktune 360.

2 reasons:
KISS method: KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid). While drop away rests are probably superior for target shooting; your post specifically suggests hunting. In a hunting situation, after 20 years of hunting, an arrow guarenteed not to come off my rest and "tink" any part of my bow is priceless. I've done it at least twice every year, and after having a bisket... It won't happen again.

No moving parts. This means no chance of failure in the field. I've seen the problems with drop aways. They involve moving parts. Anything that moves on a bow is prone to failure at some point IMO. IMO means In My Opinion. Once again, i like to hunt with the KISS methodolgy. Anything that has a higher chance of failure when a 140+ class buck steps in my sights is out of the question on my rig. You might see me shooting competition with a drop away, but never ever will you see me in the field with that rest.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:18 PM

on my mathews switchback xt i have a trophy taker and i wound not hunt or shoot without it

Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Awi

Sounds like I am gonna stick with what works,My whisker biscuit.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 PM

i shoot trophy taker i will never shoot without it

Old 09-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

One that has not been mentioned here is vaportrails limbdriver , This is an excelent fallaway rest . I dont recomend many as I have tryed all but the schafer mentioned allready on this thread and many of them suck! I usealy recomend the muzzy rest , and for very parelel limb bows the Trophy Taker , but thats changed , the limb driver I believe is of a better design than the Trophy Taker . They realy have something with this rest , Igot total fletch clearace easyly , It adjusts easyly , and offers good suport for the arrow during the first half of the draw and then falls away fast , they way that a fallaway should work . Many of the fallaway curently offered do not work as advertised , the limbdriver does , my opinion .
Old 09-03-2006, 08:06 PM

Muzzy Zero effect....works great every time. Never given me any trouble whatsoever and is very quiet and accurate.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting my drop zone since '03 with no problems at all. Love it

Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been useing the WB for yrs on my Mathews LX.
Bought a SwitchbackXT and put the Ripcord on it,so far I like it.
And if I would change,I would put a WB on the XT too.
sold me the XT for 599 so the 79.99 didnt look so bad to try a differant arrow rest.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:28 AM

I use a Trophy ridge guide series drop away and love it to death!!

That particular rest cost me about $110 and they make the same drop away just not the guide series for as low as $80I think. The only difference is the guide series has micro adjustments on it as the others don't.

Very nice and well worth the $110 IMO

Quick Reply: A Good Drop-away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.