Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release and anchor point ?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Release and anchor point ?

I used to shoot an older release I think it was a Winn free flight. It was not a caliper and it really tore up my serving and string. I got a new Stinger release that came with my bow. I am having a hard time keeping a good anchor point. The old release had a piece that I could feel hit the side of my jaw so I knew I was anchored in the same spot. With the Stinger I have a hard time "feeling" the contact for a consistant anchor. I have heard that many shoot a hand held release so they can anchor a knuckle against their jaw. I dont know if that makes sense?

Any ideas on a different release or way to anchor better.

Sorry I know this is a hard question to answer or help with, but any help is great.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Release and anchor point ?

You can maybe try a kisser button. I anchor mine off of the corner of my mouth.

I also use a Winn Flight, but it is a hook model for shooting with a string loop.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 08-23-2006, 03:41 PM

You should still be able to feel a knuckle with a wrist type release. Some put their knuckle right behind the jaw bone. I know how my hand feels on my ear.

Paul
Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 PM

I'll second the kisser button. It is a great way to gain consistency.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Spike

if your anchor is floating try placing your extended thumb behind your neck. it will lock in a solid anchor. the kisser button is awsome and you can install it and adjust it to you by your self
Old 08-23-2006, 09:32 PM

What is a kisser button
Old 08-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

i put the sting on the tip of my nose and then my thumb kinda lines up under my jaw bone. everyone is diffrent though..your face might be skinny...thumbs longer etc. just find a point or 2 you can consitantly and comfortably remember.

a kisser button goes between your nock point and your peep. just a bit above the nock point. when at full you position it to touch somewhere and know where it should hit. most guys position it to touch the corner of their mouth.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:09 PM

a kisser button is a small fixture, usually plastic, that fits onto your string and is placed where it will contact the corner of your mouth at full draw, thus providing a consistent anchor point.

i use a release and still use myknuckle on my ear lobe as an anchor point. you just need to find something that is easily noticable and comfortable to you and stick with it. always do the same thing, and it will be 2nd nature at the time of the shot when hunting.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would say at this point to go ahead and have a kisser button installed, they work wonders especially for beginners. I am a seasoned veteran of bow hunting and I still use one.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 AM

I place the fore finger on/under my jaw bone and my thumb on the back of my neck. I used to touch the string on my nose. You will find something that works for you.

Quick Reply: Release and anchor point ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.