Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Where to buy a bow online?

Old 08-28-2006, 11:20 PM

Default RE: Where to buy a bow online?

I have a Parker Hunter Mag in the shop being re-tuned. I bought a new Bowtech so I'm looking to sell the Parker. It's a 2yr old bow I got from BP.

26" draw @ 70#
Winners Choice string and Serving
Nock loop
WB
Trophy Ridge 5pin
Case
Will probably include 6 25" Easton Axis St w/Blazers

I'm not looking to really make profit. $350.00 plus S/H to your door as is. I will include the invoice of work done to the bow. Like I stated above, the bow is currently in the shop being completely re-tuned. I didn't like how it felt and or shot so I decided to have it redone. I can't give you a time line so I will post again when I have it ready to ship.

Respectfully
MD
Old 08-28-2006, 11:34 PM

I bought my Reflex Highlander from Huntersfriend.com. I am more than 100% satisfied. They tell you how to calculate your draw length and ask what pondage you want your bow set at. From there they will tune your bow with what ever arrow, weight, spine, bh, fp that shoots the best and they will send you the sheet describing you personalized setup. They fired my bow 63 times to tune it. If anyone is interested PM me and I will send the info they sent me. Next time I will go to a local Pro shop so I can establish a relationship with a pro and support a local small business. But I had to do it all over again I would buy the same combo.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: J Bolt 7mm

I bought my Reflex Highlander from Huntersfriend.com. I am more than 100% satisfied. They tell you how to calculate your draw length and ask what pondage you want your bow set at. From there they will tune your bow with what ever arrow, weight, spine, bh, fp that shoots the best and they will send you the sheet describing you personalized setup. They fired my bow 63 times to tune it. If anyone is interested PM me and I will send the info they sent me. Next time I will go to a local Pro shop so I can establish a relationship with a pro and support a local small business. But I had to do it all over again I would buy the same combo.
Very Impressive.

Even so, I am with the others in saying go to a Pro Shop! Order accessories online if you want, but get somebody to help you live and in person for choosing your bow and making sure you are measured right.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 AM

ORIGINAL: J Bolt 7mm

This is certainly better than nothing, but not something I would shoot. Precision shooting requires precision tuning.

To determine draw length properly, you have to measure someone who is holding the bow and pulling an arrow to anchor. Coming close isn't good enough if you want to shoot your best. Tuning a bow requires the same type of precision. People grip in different locations and apply torque in unique ways. You should be tuning with the owner shooting the bow. Not some mailorder guy who may be shooting in a very different manner. Can a mailorder company tune your arrows properly? I supose so, but I wouldn't trust them without asking some very specific questions. And then, what happens if the drawlength isn't what will work for your anchors, or the draw weight isn't in the range you can handle? Now, you need new arrows as well as more tuning work at another bow shop.

I'm sure that mailorder will end up working for some, but for many it will not. They may not even know that they could be shooting a lot better. It's difficult to know such things unless you experience it.

Myself, I can do everything that needs to be done on a bow and I still buy at a bow shop. I like the sevice I get from a shop when I buy a bow there. If your string breaks two days before season opening, it nice to know that your bow will be pushed ahead of those that weren't bought at the shop. And that the shop will make sure that your tuned and shooting perfectly before the season starts.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hocks25--please do yourself a favour and follow the advice given to you by BGfisher, Paul L Mohrand Straightarrow.
Buying something without actually seeing it, is referenced to buying a pig in a bag.
On the other hand if you know the person you're buying the bow from and they are willing to give you a refund if the bow doesn't fit, or otherwise, then its possible to think about an online purchase--but your best bet is to do as mentionedby the members I have listed herein.JMHO.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

The only place I would buy a bow online would be Huntersfriend.com
They are a VERY professional outfit w/ exceptional service. They are also the only Bowtech authorized internet dealer (if you qualify for the program)
Old 08-30-2006, 01:09 AM

I am totally satisfied with Huntersfriend and how they set up my BT Equalizer. I have advised others to do the same. Call them first and get a feel. If you don't like what you hear than you haven't lost a thing. Check them out.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I traded for a new Mathews bow. Took it to my pro shop and put a new cam and string on it to get my draw lenght. I also put a new sight and rest on it as well. The stab. on it worked great for me.
If you do buy one online or sight un-seen. Take it to a pro shop then and have it set up for you.