Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How many shoot one pin!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many shoot one pin!

ORIGINAL: BucksOnly974

RIStrutstopper, what brand of sight do you use? What kind of bow? Is it a short axel bow? Talked to a feller and he saidI wouldn't get much past forty yards with my setup..
I have a Tru-Glo Glo-Brite site. That thing is so brite, if you can't see the pin, its just too dark to shoot-period. I shoot a 2003 BowTech Extreme VFT. I'm somewhat drawlength challenged at a hair under 27" and shoot about 62#. I just chronographed my bow last week for the first time and it's only shooting about 252 FPS, but still, between 10 yards and 30 yards the drop is minimal. It becomes a bit more pronounced past 30 yards, and I try to limit myself to within 30. You can compensate by holding a little higher and lower, just practice at various ranges and know what you can do with your set-up.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:24 AM

Default RE: How many shoot one pin!

ORIGINAL: BucksOnly974

RIStrutstopper, what brand of sight do you use? What kind of bow? Is it a short axel bow? Talked to a feller and he saidI wouldn't get much past forty yards with my setup..
BucksOnly, my setup is shooting 280fps. I use a single pin HHA set at 25 yards. It is 1" high out to 20 and 1" low at 30. It's about 3" low at 35 yards. It only starts to drop at 40 where it's about 6" low. With your setup, you should be shooting a little flatter but it will still start to drop around 40 yards.