Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Have I forgotten something

Old 08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Have I forgotten something

Today I started shooting my bow after a long layoff ,oh sure I've done some shooting ,but not a whole lot so I'm sure that the inactivity has a bit to do with this .
I just recently put on a new string and cable's ,but I've run about 100 shot's through it .Today I dialed in my new arrow's at 20,30 and 40yrds ,shooting these distance's I was pretty confident she was set to go .Then came the Broadhead's ,at these same distance's I was shooting 6" to 8" high ,so I adjusted my nock point down a tad and everything seemed to come together .
I took2 arrow's with FP's andthen 2 with BH's and they all seem to be hitting in the same area. I then took the same 4 arrow's with field point's and found them shooting tight group's ,but when I took these arrow's and added theBH'smy group's were not near as good .
Now have I forgotten something ? What do you's think?
What can I do to tighten them up?

nubo

Old 08-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have I forgotten something

Sounds like you should have moved the nock up or the rest down?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paper tune?
Better than that, bareshaft tune...

Can you shoot 4 arrows of FPs and 2 w/ bhs and tell us what the difference in the two groups are?
Cant tell how you need to adjust at this point, btw what type of broadhead you shooting??
Old 08-16-2006, 03:35 PM

Number your arrows to see if the same arrows shoot to the same spot. Other than that maybe your form is a bit off. Fixed blades are not as forgiving on form errors as field tips are, so it is not uncommon for your groups to be a bit larger.

Could be any number of things really though.

Paul
Old 08-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jsasker !

Your right ,I said i moved it down ,I stand corrected I moved it up and the 2 came together ,but my group's are different camparing my FP's and BH's great group's with FP's much much looser group's with BH's .

HuntingEd!

I'm shooting Slick Trick's .
The 2 group's are relatively good ,maybe a tad higher .but the FP' group's are tighter than my BH group's

I don't think it's a serious issue because I'm definately in the vital's ,but I would like to get my BH's down to a 4 " group instead of a 6" or 7" at 30yrds .My FP's are a tight 2"group at 30yrds.

Paul!

I'm thinking that maybe it's my form as well since I haven't done any consistant shooting on a regular basis ,but I don't seem to have an issue with the FP's just the broadhead's .The reason I'm thinking this is that it's not 1 particular arrow causing me problem.

Maybe I'm making an mountain out of a mole hill ,i was just thinking there might be a technical way of tightening my BH group's . I know I need to be shooting more and maybe this is the problem.

nubo
Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

And you made sure there was no wobble to your broadheads?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

could it be a spine issue? whats your arrow length, arrow type, draw weight, and tip weight.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm shooting Axis S/T 400 at 27" at 60#with a 100 gr tip. I'm pretty sure that's where I should be .

Rob! there doesn't seem to be any wobble that I noticed .

nubo
Old 08-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

How old are the arrows? How much have they been shot? Have you changed your nocks lately? Other than spinning the heads to check for wobble, and possible spine issues (it seems like you should be shooting the right arrows) I don't know what else it could be. Slick Tricks tend to be a pretty easy head to tune.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'm thinking that my problem is probably me ,the arrow's have never been shot until today ,but if it was the arrow I'm sure I would be having a problem when shooting FP's as well. I may throw on my Montec's and try them just to see what happen's.
Thank's for all the input guy's ,this is just how problem's get resolved .
When everyone throw's in a idea or 2 I'm sure there's alway's something I may have forgotten.

nubo

Quick Reply: Have I forgotten something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.