Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Big surprise, '06 Allegiance!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big surprise, '06 Allegiance!

I got to shoot with a friend yesterday for the first time in a while. He had been shooting an old Buckmaster for many years, but had been thinking about a new bow since the Hoyt Razortec came out. Well, to my surprise, he showed up yesterday with brand spankin' new Allegiance. I was impressed with the bow. It had more machining on the riser than I remember from the '05 that I shot. Very quiet bow, with great speed. Overall, a very impressive bow, and I felt very fortunate to edge him by a few points. That will be much harder to do as he gets used to the new bow. The thing that still stands out in my mind was how quiet all the bows were that I heard being shot yesterday. In the group in front of us, there were 2 Switchback XTs and a Diamond Liberty. The group behind us had two regular Switchbacks. All were very quiet, but I thought, to my ears, the quietest (other than my son's 25# Micro Midas) was the Diamond. I have no idea if he was shooting heavier arrows or not though. My friend thought my Champion was very quiet, and said so unprompted. It is a lot quieter shooting 3D now than it was 10-15 years ago, that's for sure.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Big surprise, '06 Allegiance!

I was certainly impressed enough to purchase the 06 Allegiance over the Switchback, Tribute although the Trykon was my first pic and then went with the Allegiance. I was very impressed with the Switchback but the lack of speed compared to the others put it towards the bottom end of the pack with all else being equal. I felt as the though the Allegiance had just as smooth a draw, as quiet and it's a win/win pushing the speeds and KE that bow has...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM

BowTech, BowTech, BowTech. I almost bought a Mathews then tested and totally went BT. I wanted my monies worth.

BT Equalizer is the fastest short draw arrow slinger out of the box. Now I own it and am so pleased I may get one for my nephew.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love the BT...i had an Extreme Solo, and now a Mighty Mite...love it.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:03 PM

Glad to hear this, I am just setting up my 06 allegiance.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had owned 2 Bowtechs and wanted to try something different this spring but after testing all the top bows I ended up buying an Equalizer. No other bow on the market can equal it at my draw length ( 26 1/2").
Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

terrym how fast is that equalizer shooting, i know they are supposed to fling them fast at short draws? whats the specs and so forth
Old 08-19-2006, 11:35 PM

Depends on what you get on it. Mine is 297 at 26".
Old 08-20-2006, 11:58 AM

The 06 Allegiance is a great shooting bow. I like mine much better than my 05.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is funny you mentioned this Jeff. The local shop has been selling the Diamonds quite well over the last month or so.

Quick Reply: Big surprise, '06 Allegiance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.