Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whats a good nock glue for aluminum???

Old 08-16-2006, 03:04 AM

Default whats a good nock glue for aluminum???

Just Robin Hooded my arrow for the first time cupple days ago . Only bummer is I blew the nock off and have to re-wrap and fletch the arrow. It was worth it. Which leads to what type of nock glue works well on my Easton aluminum arrows ?? There the game getter II so nothing really fancy about it . Super glue ???? Thanks eveyone for all the help!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 03:19 AM

Default RE: whats a good nock glue for aluminum???

Plain old regular Bohning Fletch-tite is fine for nocks and fletchings on aluminium shafts. It'll give you a few sconds to set the nock tight and straight as opposed to any instant glue.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmm. Why havent you upgraded to a newer aluminum arrow where you dont have to glue on the nocks just pop em in?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:45 PM

Get uni bushings! You will love them. Much nicer to index your nocks and fletchings.

I just got some new arrows and they came that way, my dealer said they are pretty much going to make all of them that way now since everyone uses them anyway. Certain brands and sizes will still use glue ons though I think.

However super glue gel should work, but epoxy would work better. I'm not sure if hot melt glue like you use on insert would work well or not. I've never built arrows with glue on nocks.

Are you trying to re-use the arrows you robin hooded? Don't do that, either put them on display or pitch them. Chances are neither one is any good anymore. The one you stuck the arrow in is junk for sure, the one that stuck in it may possibly be bent now, I would check it before using it again.

Paul
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM

Thanks Guys ,
I know uni-nock is the way to go , next set will be them. Affordability was the way last time[:'(].
I tried hot insert glue but that basically melted the plastic nock , so then I used the Bohning Platnium..worked great.
Thanks again all , keep on slinging those arrows!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:55 AM

The uni-bushings are available to upgrade your existing shafts. You will need to be able to properly cut off the existing nock swage and then you can install the uni-bushing. They are a little more expensive than one would hope, but significantly cheaper than new arrows.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:21 PM

AllenRead ,
Thanks for the info , but I only have 5 arrows till my quiver is empty . So I might try a different arrow all together.