Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to get balanced arrows?

Old 08-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default How to get balanced arrows?

I am sure this has been beaten to death as well, but how can i get all my arrows to spin the same. When I say spin I mean they all have the same broadhead alignment. I spin them on my finger and some spin so smooth there is no wobble, then others spin rougher a lil more wobbly. It would prolly be best to take out the inserts and adjust them till the arrow spins true then glue them back in. I shoot beeman ICS hunters 400..
Old 08-15-2006, 04:33 AM

Default RE: How to get balanced arrows?

First, you want to try and determine if they wobble because the arrow is not straight, the broadhead ferrule is bent, or the insert isn't in correctly. Sometimes you can fix this. Sometimes the arrows must be set aside for field tips and practice. Sometimes you have to toss stuff in the trash.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Wait a minute they arent ready for the trash yet.. The arrow is straight, I checked it on my straightner, the broadhead isnt bent for it spins perfect on another arrow. I think the insert needs to be adjusted... But I am not sure...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Occasionally the face of the insert is not perfectly aligned with the ferrule of the insert. I have found that using the G5 ASD to shave some material off of the face of the insert in many cases will allow the broadhead to spin correctly.

Another thing to look at is if you are using a BH that has a rubber O-ring between the BH ferrule and the insert. These are notorious for causing wobble on otherwise good BHs and arrows.

If all of this fails, you certainly can try to twist the insert, or remove it and reinsert it, or just use those couple of arrows for practice only.