Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PRO 38 question

Old 11-06-2002, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default PRO 38 question

I just got my new pro 38 monday and so far its great. the only problem i am having on it is its wearing on the string a couple inches above the cam. looks like to me when i pull the bow back at full draw, the cam is hitting the string and causing it to pinch or hit into the string at a wrong angle. i know the shop changed up somethings to make the draw length longer so maybe they twisted the cam a little. the guy i was working with won't be back till thursday nite so just wondering if any of you have any info on this.

other than that this bow is great. its fast, quiet and accurate.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PRO 38 question

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I just got my new pro 38 monday and so far its great. the only problem i am having on it is its wearing on the string a couple inches above the cam. looks like to me when i pull the bow back at full draw, the cam is hitting the string and causing it to pinch or hit into the string at a wrong angle. i know the shop changed up somethings to make the draw length longer so maybe they twisted the cam a little. the guy i was working with won't be back till thursday nite so just wondering if any of you have any info on this.

other than that this bow is great. its fast, quiet and accurate.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

It sounds to me like the draw stop wasn't set right.

<u><font color=red>Don't draw or shoot the bow any more until it's fixed.</font id=red></u>

If you want please email me at [email protected] and I'll try to help you out. I'll need to know what brace height model it is and what draw length module it has in it. It should have a DS? draw module in it.

Edited by - BowTech_Shooter on 11/06/2002 09:47:10
Old 11-06-2002, 12:29 PM

I wonder if the archery shop didn't place one of the string loops over one of the feed posts to change the draw. Looking at the cable side of the Infinity can you should be able to read the number and letter of the module on the cam. You will notice that there are 3 individual posts togther and one joined pair of posts. The string loop should not be over any of these posts and should be over the single post nearest to or slightly under the limb. Also check to see if the module screws are tight and the module is installed correctly.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Spike

i went to the pro shop today and they told me it is normal wear. first of all its the cable not the string that is wearing, i was wrong explaining it before. so the pro shop told me that the angle of the cam is making it wear but that its normal and also to keep it waxed. so i am going to keep an eye on it.

i have the 29inch module in it, its the tall brace height, 70pounds draw weight and the draw stop is on the 5th line.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i went to the pro shop today and they told me it is normal wear. first of all its the cable not the string that is wearing, i was wrong explaining it before. so the pro shop told me that the angle of the cam is making it wear but that its normal and also to keep it waxed. so i am going to keep an eye on it.

i have the 29inch module in it, its the tall brace height, 70pounds draw weight and the draw stop is on the 5th line.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

*Just a note, if it has a DS3module in it to make it 29&quot; draw then the middle of the screw for the draw stop should be set right on the 7th line. This is starting from the bottom (L) end counting up.

I'm not sure which end you're counting from but if it's the 5th from the bottom then the cam is being overdrawn and it will show abnormal wear and it needs to be corrected.

If it's the 5th line from the top then you're probably only getting about 50% let off.

Pages 22-25 of the owners manual have real good details about how to set it up.

Also the cam angle isn't that severe on a Pro 38 and waxing the serving of the string or cables isn't something normally done.

Edited by - BowTech_Shooter on 11/06/2002 22:31:10
Old 11-06-2002, 09:08 PM
Spike

it has the DS3 module on it. and the stop is set on the middle line, the 5th up from the bottom or L. let me try and explain where the cable is attached on the cam. theres the middle circle where the cable is looped onto then the cable goes around one circle with a hole in it, then 3 solid circles, then a double circle then the cable goes past the axle. sorry for the terminology but i don't know what the things are called on the cam that the cable goes around. hope you know what i'm talking about. thanks.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

it has the DS3 module on it. and the stop is set on the middle line, the 5th up from the bottom or L. let me try and explain where the cable is attached on the cam. theres the middle circle where the cable is looped onto then the cable goes around one circle with a hole in it, then 3 solid circles, then a double circle then the cable goes past the axle. sorry for the terminology but i don't know what the things are called on the cam that the cable goes around. hope you know what i'm talking about. thanks.

Sorry, I had the wrong module number on my above post so I just edited it. Too many numbers in my head today I guess.

I am correct for the post setting though. It needs to be set right on the 7th line for 80% let off or the 7.5 line for 65% or somewhere in between the two for a different let off...

If yours is set at the 5th from the bottom than the cam is overrotating and it will cause undue wear.

Where your is set it will probably also feel a little mushy at the end of the draw cycle since your drawing it off the back of the wall before it hits the draw stop.

By the description you gave it sounds like it around the cable track o.k. so try to set it on the 7th line and see how it feels to you.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Spike

so by setting it on the 7th line, will it shorten up my draw length at all? i'm going to go down and try it now. i'll write back and tell you if i see any difference and also if its still wearing on that spot. thanks
Old 11-07-2002, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

so by setting it on the 7th line, will it shorten up my draw length at all? i'm going to go down and try it now. i'll write back and tell you if i see any difference and also if its still wearing on that spot. thanks

Yes, it will shotren your draw length a little bit.
If you move it two lines it's approx. 5/16&quot;
It pretty much has to go there or up since it's falling over the back of the wall.

Let me know what you come up with.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Spike

it seemed to shorten up my draw length a good amount. i have to lean my head forward to reach my kisser button now. i'm going to have to go out and get the 30inch module. but in the shots i took, it doesn't seem to be wearing any. i put wax on the cable and none of it came off. i called up my pro shop and asked what they did to it and he said he just moved the stop to make it a half and inch to an inch longer draw length because they didn't have any 30inch modules in. he also said that will take a couple weeks to get in so i need to find a place to get it. also i brought up to him the wearing on the cable and he said that all bows with cams similar to that do it. but they are a new dealer with bowtech so they are not familar with it i guess. i don't know, it doesn't seem normal to me.

Quick Reply: PRO 38 question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.